1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Seek unity between the elements in the 22nd Terraining Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Seize the moment! The 18th Mini Mapping Contest has commenced.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The heavens smile on the old faithful. The 16th Techtree Contest has begun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Gronn

Submitted by Mr Ogre man
This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
Base gronn model. Expect new variations soon™.

IMPORTANT. READ:
The unit now has a walk 1 and walk fast animation. Walk is set to 250 speed and walk fast to 320.
Be sure to write these numbers in World Editor if you want it to work properly.
[​IMG]

There's not much else to say, it has custom ORM, normal and diffuse channels, as well as an icon. It's made with edited reforged assets, so it's not 100% faithful to the original Gronn models, but my own take on the unit.
Use wendigo elder as the base model to have a working portrait talk.

Currently working on a purple gronn (bigger spikes, more menacing, you know the drill), and an enslaved gronn. If someone wants to collaborate with me, use or modify the assets for personal use or for use within the Hive workshop, feel free to do so. Credit is always welcome, of course.

EDIT: 27/10/20 2:00 - - - Solved a bug where the belt would disappear on walk 1 animation. Modified the names of the abilities so it's easier to use them on WE. Added runes to the model. Changed a bit the ORM and normal maps and solved an issue with weird geometry in the chest. Changed a bit the normal map of the back and added some scars. Modified the belt animations so they move more naturally.
All textures have to be redownloaded. Sorry guys. :ogre_kawaii:

Edit: 29/10/20 18:30 - - - Added portrait light. Team-coloured portrait light is both buggy and awful imo. It's a very minuscule change, you only have to redownload the .mdx (the model file).
[​IMG]

Edit: 26/11/2020 - - - I thought that normals were DXT3 and not DXT5, so it looked worse in game as it should. I'm reuploading the model, but you only need to change the _normal map if you already downloaded it. Currently, I can't upload the texture alone because I'm getting a server bug.
Previews
Contents

Gronn (Model)

BTNgronn (Texture)

DISBTNgronn.blp (Texture)

1. Bagysta

Bagysta

Resources:
    Maps:
    Reforged HD Skins:
    Resources:
    I realy like your model, I think it's a good interpretation of the Groon, very ogrish, and what you've done from the Wendigo model is amazing. Thought the talking portrait does'nt work for me when I import the model, did I miss something ?

2. Mr Ogre man

Mr Ogre man

Resources:
    Resources:
    Try replacing the elder wendigo. As everything in reforged, sometimes they talk and sometimes they refuse to.

3. Bagysta

Bagysta

Resources:
    Maps:
    Reforged HD Skins:
    Resources:
    Thanks it works now !

4. JarHed

JarHed

Resources:
    Resources:
    With a little texture work and reworked feet, and this would be pretty spot on. Maybe a variant using the Sasquatch model and animations would be good.
    [​IMG]

5. Mr Ogre man

Mr Ogre man

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ye, I already thought of doing that, but the skeletons are completely different. The resulting animations are wonky and make no sense.
    I also want to add runes, but the uv map in the shoulder is awful (doesn't mean that I won't, just that it takes some time getting them right).

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
  6. Malmgrev

Malmgrev

Resources:
    Resources:
    Tried it and it's fantastic, well done! Really enjoy your models, keep it up!

7. JarHed

JarHed

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh, I was more thinking of using it as a totally different base model, because the feet are more like the Gronn. I expect that'd be a total pain in the ass, though.

8. Raddazong

Raddazong

Resources:
    Resources:
    Very nice model, keep it up!
    Just one question:
    Above it says: Base gronn model. Expect new variations soon ™.
    Will one of your variations also have the swirled tattoos like in WoW?

9. Mr Ogre man

Mr Ogre man

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yup, the shoulder is awfully wrapped and I wasn't able to work for a few days, but I still wanted to upload this version. I'll try to add those runes soon, maybe they could even have Team Colour.

Uf, yeah. If it was SD, they'd probably use the same UV map (the texture base) but in reforged, every unit has their own mapping. Once I finish all planned variations, I may try to do that, but I can't promise it :/.

10. HankHell69

HankHell69

Resources:
    Resources:
    Fantastic! How goes the the progress on the purple one?

11. Mr Ogre man

Mr Ogre man

Resources:
    Resources:
    The texture is made, I have to change the bracers and all that. I've been so busy doing comissions that I stopped doing my own models for a while :peasant-sad:

12. HankHell69

HankHell69

Resources:
    Resources:
    Understandable. Your work is great. :goblin_yeah: