• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Grom Hellscream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Appearance-wise I would assume he would have chared-black skin, small wings (that do not provide flight), more muscles, and sharpened finger nails (like claws). These are just some ideas I thought of.

He'd most likely be influenced by the burning legion to assist them at the Battle of Mount Hyjal. He'd probably assist the legion by laying siege to the Orc Bastion, there. In the end he would put a fatal blow to Thrall or give him a critical wound.

Level 24
Appearance-wise I would assume he would have chared-black skin, small wings (that do not provide flight), more muscles, and sharpened finger nails (like claws). These are just some ideas I thought of.

He'd most likely be influenced by the burning legion to assist them at the Battle of Mount Hyjal. He'd probably assist the legion by laying siege to the Orc Bastion, there. In the end he would put a fatal blow to Thrall or give him a critical wound.

Actually he wouldn't have gone for legions side cause he would still keep his own mind like Illidan did and he wouldn't hurt his own people or Thrall who is like real bro to him >_>

What would happen to Illidan though? We all know he is a power hungry beast. I'd assume he'd try to find another source of power. But he'd be weaker and most likely be caught by Maiev first. Also, he wouldn't have the Naga at his side, because he'd be too weak to summon them. This would also lead to the Blood Elves, who at the time were lead by Kael, being put to more impossible jobs by Garithos and being killed in the process. Kael wouldn't go to Outland and Kil'Jaeden wouldn't have tried to get to Azeroth through the Sunwell.

Blood Elves would be doomed to fail the mission they were assigned to, though they might have pulled through and beat the Undead on the shore, or repaired the shipyard and accomplished their mission. They'd still be part of the Alliance, etc.

Illidan would still have his Satyrs to fight for him, he would catch word of a powerful weapon of his own or still hear about the Eye of Sargeras. Illidan still would have been contacted by Kil'Jaeden and sent to destroy the Lich King. With his Satyrs at his side, aswell as a large group of mercenaries, he may have been able to accomplish his goal, hiring, capturing and converting anything that he comes across.

Arthas might not have those seizures and still be as strong as he was before, his journey through Azjol-Nerub would be much easier, as the Faceless Ones, Unbroken and the Forgotten One would not bar his way. They may have been able to lug Sapphiron with them aswell, making Arthas' battle with Illidan that much easier.

Now Grom, if he consumed the Skull of Gul'Dan, after maybe being sent back into Ashenvale to expand the Hordes hold on the area, he most likely would have control of his Fel Orc form, I would think. If you think about it, it only took a while for Illidan to get control of his demonic powers. Imagine Grom being in control of his Fel form, he'd probably end up with horns & wings (Familiar?) or atleast badass spikes lining his body.

Level 12
Why the hell would he consume it? orcs are avoiding being demons. he has no reason and wouldnt consume it, let alone know where its at

also wtf u talking about? Illidan doesnt serve the old gods

Level 13
That blue-eyed "charismatic" kid ? Defeat Grommash Hellscream - the bravest and most fiercome orc chieftain ever to live? I don't think so.
You forget Blizzard's love for the Orc Jesus. Thrall would most likely just cast a lightning and Grom goes poof or runs away.

Level 9
Grom would have never survived the battle with Mannoroth. It is inconceivable enough that two mortal orcs, while only one of them wielding magical powers that dwarfed to the ones Mannoroth possessed (As seen in the battle), single-handedly managed to defeat the greatest Pit Lord in existence with only ONE of them sacrificing his life.
If Grom haven't been bolder than Mannoroth expected, the Pit Lord would have slain them both with no real effort. Grom knew this, but he also knew the price, what makes him so great hero.

But even if he would have miraculously survived, your other claims are imposturous: As punwisp began to say; in the moment Mannoroth perished, the pact between the Burning Legion and the orcs was ultimately dissolved (excluding the Orcs in Outland, whom still remained faithful to the Legion's curse through Magtheridon.). As Thrall said, Mannoroth death freed all of them.
So, basically, Grom would have never consumed the skull, now that the orcs despised fel magic and now that Alliance and the Horde are allies (I believe Grom's hatred toward the humans would have decreased after Jaina assisted with his redemption).

Besides, I don’t think the Alliance and Horde had presence in Felwood during that time; the Legion and the Scourge had pushed their forces up to Hyjal's summit but it doesn't matter since Felwood had no real strategic significance to them. Even if they had presence there, Thrall would have never sacrificed his most talented warrior and best friend to protect a doomed stand; even the night elves were forced to retreat from Felwood in the end. So the skull was beyond Grom's reach even if he still lived during that time.

But since we are playing "what if…" let's go even farther: Grom insisted that he want to protect Felwood and went there with a miniscule force alone.
But unlike Mannoroth's blood, which granted the orcs physical power and stamina, the skull granted magical powers. Illidan could utilize the powers of the skull due to his advanced abilities and his understanding of magic. But Grom, and any other magically ungifted warrior, couldn't use it. Consuming the powers of the skull would perhaps grant Grom some magical power (Unlikely), but without knowing any spell how did he plan to use it?

One more thing is that Arthas came to Illidan knowing that he would claim the Skull of Gul'dan and destroy Tichondrius with its powers. But, unlike the arrogant and complacent Mannoroth, Tichondrius was very clever, cunning and powerful sorcerer, and Grom didn't have the abilities or the brain to defeat him even if the skull granted him powers he could use (as I mentioned earlier). So the Lich King would have never sent Arthas to Grom because he could never destroy Tichondrius. And without Arthas, Grom would have never come to know about the Skull and its powers.

There is much more, but I hope that's enough.

Level 12
I 100% agree, I wish I typed more, some of it would be similar to what you said, but I had to go mow so I made it quick. Power_shaman, I know you don't know what your talking about but please calm down and think logicly.

Level 12
Grom is very ashamed about drinking the blood, mannoroth forced grom to drink it, so why would he want to be a demon? hes cursed enough.

Grom and Thrall consider eachother brothers. If Arthas convinced Grom that the Legion would surely take Thrall's life, Grom would most likely demand instructions from Arthas on what to do and ask why he is here. Arthas would most likely give him the information he needed to harness the power of the skull, aswell as a fake 'vision' about Tichondrius slaying Thrall, etc.

Eventually, Grom would arrive at Mount Hyjal to help in the current battle. Most likely, he would have lead a charge through the cover of the forest, past Archimonde and right into the heart of the Legion's base. Now this would be a turning point in the story, as scouts from both Jaina's base and Thrall's base would send word to Furion and Tyrande about the assault going on below, asking them to prepare for one large scale attack on the bases below.

Now with all of the forces gathering to strike Archimonde directly, Grom and his strikeforce would most likely have levelled most of the base. With large amounts of priests, shamans and other magi-types surrounding Archimonde, they would most likely try the same thing to Archimonde as they did to Grom.
Non-magical forces would keep Archimonde busy while spellcasters, including Grom, Jaina, Tyrande and Furion all try to purge the demonic energies from Archimonde. Being a vessel of pure demonic energy, this would do the same as sending the wisps to strike at Archimonde at the tree.

Various characters would be killed or badly injured by the explosion caused by Archimonde's death, leading to even more "What if"'s.

Level 9
Punwisp, you're knowledge of the WarCraft Universe is astonishingly LOW. Grom was eager to drink the blood of Mannoroth both times. Well, I agree that he couldn't use the Skull of Gul'dan - it's a Warlock's head and it's an item used only by dark magicians and warlocks throughout the WarCraft storyline.

But only in the first time he knew it was Mannoroth's blood. When he had to face Cenarius, he drank from the well with the hope to vanquish the forest-lord whom threaten on his clan existence.

However when he discovered that it was Mannoroth's blood and that the Pit Lord had fooled him, he was struck with horror, but it was already too late for him.

Only after Jaina and Thrall removed the taint he learned his lesson and apologized for his reckless actions.

I believe that if there was a third time, Grom would have thought twice before drinking or consuming a corrupting source of power, especially after Mannoroth's demise and the orcs' redemption.

Level 12
Punwisp, you're knowledge of the WarCraft Universe is astonishingly LOW. Grom was eager to drink the blood of Mannoroth both times. Well, I agree that he couldn't use the Skull of Gul'dan - it's a Warlock's head and it's an item used only by dark magicians and warlocks throughout the WarCraft storyline.

Lol! Funny, I guess I should stop reading all the books and reading WoW wiki eh??

Power_shaman, you need to stop acting like you know everything and a complete idiot.

anetherond was right, though the first time he was pretty young, and very foolish, they had weak minds, they didn't know the legion was controlling them, they were fooled. Like most young people, grom is what you could say stupid, not much of a conscious.

The second time he was unaware it was mannoroths blood, and felt it was the only way to save himself and his clan from cenarious wrath.

Grom wouldn't drink from it again, he wouldn't consume the skull of Gul'dan.

Also note that most of the orcs who drank the blood(the first time) didn't know it was demon blood.

Tell me why would a elderly orc who was greatly ashamed from being fooled twice, and have gone through a terrible past want to become a demon? or consume a skull of a orc he greatly hated for fooling his people into drinking the first time.

He learned from his mistakes, he wouldn't make them again and he wouldn't add more burdon onto himself by consuming the skull for no reason

Level 13
Agree. They are killing every character that was popular. Few remain, and Arthas is on it's way to be raided by 25 WoW freaks. So sad...
And Malygos will be a killable boss D:. My two favorite aspects gone: Nozmordru is lost somewhere in time and Malygos heads the same as Arthas.
Who shall follow?

Level 12
Killing off the heroes isn't necessarily a bad thing, it leaves room for a new story for a newer warcraft game, maybe warcraft 4. Also if Arthas dies, it doesn't mean Ner'zhul is dead, sure they are one, but thats because of the armor, all Ner'zhul has to do is choose another deathknight or someone else to fuse with. Unless you destroy the armor, the Lich King can't necessarily be killed by killing the host. Wow killing everyone leaves room for new ones, though I do agree, it sucks, they should have at least made a 4th warcraft, to finish them off, then make a WoW

Level 13
If they make WC4 ever it will prolly just continue from WC3 cause WoW makes no freaking sense...
This will most likely cause massive amounts of confusion about lore, especially which is the official one. While it continuing from WC 3 and ignoring WoW would be a dream come true, I would expect it to rather follow WoW lore and be set in a certain time of WoW (for example the Burning Crusade) or set after a certain WoW expansion.

Level 13
Being a vessel of pure demonic energy, this would do the same as sending the wisps to strike at Archimonde at the tree.

Maybe not, remember that at one point Archimonde was not evil. Maybe he would return to a non-corrupted eredar state?

Little Timmy dies already in WoW D:

And yes, Grom (or Grommash) drank the blood in first place for power (he was young and ambitious). The second time can be debated: maybe he wanted to save his clan, maybe he wanted to feel demon energy flow through his veins again.

Level 24
This will most likely cause massive amounts of confusion about lore, especially which is the official one. While it continuing from WC 3 and ignoring WoW would be a dream come true, I would expect it to rather follow WoW lore and be set in a certain time of WoW (for example the Burning Crusade) or set after a certain WoW expansion.

So they just explain that Ragnaros the fucking lord of fire got pwned by 40 footman >_>?

Level 9
The second time he knew it was DEMON ... (I'll shout it again) DEMON !!!!!!! blood!!!!!! He was eager to grasp the power!!!

He knew the well contained some sort of demonic power but he didn't know that it was Mannoroth's blood and that he was about to be enslaved again.
As seen in the aftermath of the battle against Cenarius, when Mannoroth appears, Grom is struck with horror and shame.

You must remember that Grom never been a brilliant person and never understood how magic and corruption works. So he learned it the hard way.

After the curse was removed, I am certain he understood that no matter what the source of the demonic power is or how strong the mind of the ones willing to control it, it must not be trifled with.

Punwisp, you're not the only one who reads the books and WoW wiki, you dumbass retard!

That wasn't very nice... No matter how wrong a person might be you should not treat him like this. Try to explain him peacefully.

Besides, in my opinion, Punwisp wasn't so wrong about this matter.

Ner'zhul is an idiot. Kil'jaeden considers the Draenei for TRAITORS !! All DEMON-INFUSED creatures consider the 'good' ones betrayers!!! Example : Illidan, Grom's Clansmen and so on ...

I didn't understand how this part was related to the subject so I will not comment.

Level 9
. Grom just didn't expect Mannoroth's presence. He thought he was gonna get away ... again. His dream was constant raids and battles ... just like the old days.

You are absolutely right, this was one of his motives.
But then he saw Mannoroth, and all his hopes of power and freedom have shattered.
He now understood the cost of demonic power and realized how wrong he had been.

That is why the theory that he would consume the skull is wrong.

Level 12
Punwisp, you're not the only one who reads the books and WoW wiki, you Punny wisp! The second time he knew it was DEMON ... (I'll shout it again) DEMON !!!!!!! blood!!!!!! He was eager to grasp the power!!! Ner'zhul is an idiot. Kil'jaeden considers the Draenei for TRAITORS !! All DEMON-INFUSED creatures consider the 'good' ones betrayers!!! Example : Illidan, Grom's Clansmen and so on ...

It wasn't Ner'zhul leading at the time they drank the blood the first time. Gu'dan was. Ner'zhul had no idea demons were controlling them, he thought Kil'jaedin was some kind of beautiful being, a demi-god. Though when he went Naaru ship(there sacred rock place) They showed Ner'zhul who those beings really were, when Kil'jaedin found out, he put Gul'dan in power of the orcs, Gul'dan fully knew they were demons, and wanted power.

You can't really call them idiots, they were fooled. And at the time none of the orcs knew what would happen, they only knew they would become stronger drinking the blood, and have a bloodlust. Also your only half right on the betrayers thing. Though I do agree to a point. However I still don't understand Ner'zhuls change of heart in the dark portal era.

Anyway, if Grom didnt drink the blood, they would be dead, so the legion might not have lost.

Level 12
I read the books, though I still dont understand his change of heart of leading the horde and conquering worlds...That I never understood, also im sorry for misunderstanding what you said

Level 9
I read the books, though I still dont understand his change of heart of leading the horde and conquering worlds...That I never understood, also im sorry for misunderstanding what you said

Perhaps the best answer lays in "Beyond the Dark Portal", the newest book.
Unfortunately, I didn't read it yet.
I have ordered it though, should arrive in a week or so.

But from the information I currently have from WC2 and several other sources, it was the same reason the Orcs invade Azeroth; lack of resources and the believe that the only way to keep the Horde united is to turn it against other enemies.

Level 12
ohh!!! Damn I remember now, heres the info

Following the Horde's defeat in the Second War, Ner'zhul, as Warchief of Draenor, devised a plan of opening new portals and finding a way to escape the return of Kil'jaeden. Using the excuse of 'finding other worlds to plunder' to win the favour of the other clans, he sought out several artifacts from Azeroth: the Skull of Gul'dan, the Book of Medivh, the Jeweled Scepter of Sargeras, and the Eye of Dalaran. Upon retrieving all of these artifacts save the eye, he attempted to open portals throughout Draenor. However, the vast energies that the spell created tore the planet apart, and from this the shattered realm of Outland was created.

Level 9
ohh!!! Damn I remember now, heres the info

Following the Horde's defeat in the Second War, Ner'zhul, as Warchief of Draenor, devised a plan of opening new portals and finding a way to escape the return of Kil'jaeden. Using the excuse of 'finding other worlds to plunder' to win the favour of the other clans, he sought out several artifacts from Azeroth: the Skull of Gul'dan, the Book of Medivh, the Jeweled Scepter of Sargeras, and the Eye of Dalaran. Upon retrieving all of these artifacts save the eye, he attempted to open portals throughout Draenor. However, the vast energies that the spell created tore the planet apart, and from this the shattered realm of Outland was created.

So basically you went to Wowwiki and copy paste everything?

This part of the article wasn't edited after the book's release.
Perhaps the book reveals other important information about this matter.

Level 12
um yea I did copy and paste o_O, how does it matter? I didn't feel like typing lol, so I just copied and pasted it. Nothing wrong with it.

I'll have to check out that book.

Status
Not open for further replies.