• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Grey Gardens

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Use your Grey Mountain King and your given army to destroy your opponent's most vulnerable unit: the Grey Boy hidden behind an iron gate. But beware, nothing is as easy as it looks at first glance. (Test Version) 1v1 human players

Please give my map a go and let me know what you think. I worked on it for quite sometime and now I've reached the point where I need outsider comments to make it better and fix things. Write to me at: [email protected]

Keywords:
Warcraft III, Frozen Throne, Defense, Custom map, 1v1 human players, LAN suitable, Battlenet suitable, Creative Design
Contents

Grey Gardens (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael - Date: 2012/Apr/06 14:20:16 Reasons: Lacking Description: Template Memory Leaks are not destroyed: Leaks tutorial Missing custom preview image: To add a preview image, resize the image to 256x256 or 128x128 using gimp and save...

M

Vengeancekael -
Date: 2012/Apr/06 14:20:16

Reasons:
Lacking Description: Template
Memory Leaks are not destroyed: Leaks tutorial
Missing custom preview image: To add a preview image, resize the image to 256x256 or 128x128 using gimp and save it as .tga. Import the image and change its path to 'war3mapPreview.tga'.

Other:
Check out the tutorials section: Tutorials
Check out the Map Development Section: Map Development Section
Check out the World Editor Help Zone (Trigger issues, object editor, overall WE issues): WE Help Zone

Comment: [Rejected]
Admin Contact - Resource Moderation - Rules

Level 2
Some screenshots...here they are :)

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2012-03-29 om 14.19.56.jpeg
    Schermafbeelding 2012-03-29 om 14.19.56.jpeg
    327 KB · Views: 58
  • Schermafbeelding 2012-03-29 om 14.20.31.jpeg
    Schermafbeelding 2012-03-29 om 14.20.31.jpeg
    482.5 KB · Views: 49
  • Schermafbeelding 2012-03-29 om 14.20.05.jpeg
    Schermafbeelding 2012-03-29 om 14.20.05.jpeg
    258.4 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Level 5
alright ive tested the map. there are tons of bugs and its is clear that this is in beta (like u pointed it out)
1. first things first. add a quest log. this would be great for ppl who are new to the game. show them the rules, their objective, how to play, etc.
2. were the bonus units supposed to reach the end? if they were, there was a few things to exploit that and a few ways to stop the enemy from doing that. one of my fav ways to stop them was to storm bolt them.
3. one of the bonus units: the gryphon rider, was able to fly over the bonus lane. at the end game, i used the gryphon rider to bypass all the enemy's defenses, and kill the grey boy without taking any casualties.
4. add more custom items to improve gameplay.
5. the units could not be controlled. rather than attack-move, they attack the gate, bypassing enemy units and alike. some people would rather try and stack up their units, then attacking rapidly. if u would not like this to happen, then make the unit spawned an ally rather than the player's.
6. make the map bigger. the tower on the right side kept killing my bonus units.
7. further improve terrain. its nice, but not good enough.
8. the end game lacks excitement. only the hero can go through the portal, and it was almost impossible to reach the end, thats why i decided to use gryphon riders.
9. the cinematic were kinda annoying. pause all units when cinematic occurs. my hero died cause of that.

anyways, this map have a very nice gameplay, unique in its kind. havent seen anything like it i suppose. it just needs better improvement on the trigger side. also, maybe a few additional gameplay features would be nice. waiting for the units to spawn was a bit boring. ill rate this 2/5, because it still needs a lot of improvement.

Level 2
Thank you 0neM4n4rmy!

0neM4n4rmy thanks for taking the time to review the map, really appreciate it.
These comments were accurate and exactly what I needed to go on with improving the map!
I will put a new version on once I have made these improvements.
Thanks!
F