• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Greetings to the Hive Workshop community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
My name is Taksheel, and I've been an avid Warcraft 3 player for more than 10 years.

Recently, I felt nostalgia itching my fingers so I decided to give it one more go, and after completing the campaign I quit the game, only to notice a small icon that said "World Editor." I've never done anything in the World Editor myself, so I thought I'd give it a try. The result was an explosion of possibilities, ideas, and I was literally drooling at the sight of playing Warcraft from a whole different angle.

However, while the modifications I made have greatly influenced my enjoyment for the better, there is one issue I simply cannot find a way to fix - the fleeing of the computer's armies in custom maps the moment it realizes that it might lose the battle.

I remembered at that moment that this was, in fact, the only thing pestering me throughout my entire Warcraft playing experience. I hated it, and I wanted to find a way to fix it.

I searched throughout the entire internet and I couldn't find a solution for it. I came to the moment when you are supposed to edit the AI options in the World Editor, only to fail miserably in importing the custom-made AI into the map itself. The Groups Flee, Heroes Flee, and Units Flee options are all disabled, and yet the computer keeps running away the moment I appear with just a slightly more superior army. I've spent the past three weeks trying to find a solution (and nearly lost my job in the process, lol), but it would appear that I am the only person on the Internet who thinks that this is a feature of the game which should be changed (or there are people like me and I simply don't know how to search the Web properly).

That is when I decided that enough is enough and I created an account on this website, hoping that there is someone who can help me out with this issue. I wanted to post a thread about it, but it would seem that I don't have the permission to do so.

I apologize in advance if this is inappropriate, or if threads with my solution exist and I was simply unable to find them - I just wish to experience the game the way it was meant to be experienced. I know that there is a way to do so (correct me if I'm wrong) it's just that I lack the technical knowledge to do it.

If there is anyone out there who is willing to help, I would be forever grateful. I leave this hoping that I will finally manage to find the solution and enjoy Warcraft 3 for the mind-blasting game that it still is, even 13 years after its release.

Thank you.

Level 21
Hello Taksheel,

First of all, welcome to the Hive Workshop. Be sure you cast a glance at the Site Rules as it is fundamental following them.

Your story is pretty interesting. Your perpetual struggle to fix the problem with the AI is none but the beginning of real desperation with the World Editor. Anyone who fiddled a little with this application must've gone mad at least once because he was bogged down with a stupid bug, hence why there is a forum called World Editor Help Zone. As you can deduce from the name, you can post a thread right there to get some insight on what needs to be done to solve this problem.

(and nearly lost my job in the process, lol)

Lol c'mon man :xxd:

Level 2
I posted my question on the World Editor Help Zone thread, and hopefully, I will get an answer from somebody. The thing is that I'm certain that my solution is simple and that there is just one thing that I'm doing wrong, and I can't seem to pinpoint what it is.

In any case, thank you for the warm welcome. I'll be sure to read the site rules, although I expect nothing out of the ordinary, and I hope I will find the solution to my problem soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.