• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

GreeneTech

Tech Building
By JB_McKnight

Once again from the same drawing boards that gave you modern models with corny descriptions rises another modern day structure! yay!

The Greene Tech Research Facility!
Why in the world did I name it that?
Harnessing the supernatural abilities of grass,
construction of this building allows you to research
game changing tactics like mowing the lawn,
or cutting the grass! This will greatly help us
with our cause, Commander!

~As needed, this building comes with a basic set of animations, sprite attachments, a portrait, and also a little TC just in case.

Have fun and be creative with how you use this building! :)
Credits? That'll be up to you if you want to

Keywords:
Tech, Research, City, Modern, Structure, Building
Contents

GreeneTech (Model)

Reviews
13:43, 27th May 2014 MiniMage: Looks good, the filesize is okay and it will be useful for modern maps, Approved.

M

13:43, 27th May 2014
MiniMage: Looks good, the filesize is okay and it will be useful for modern maps, Approved.

Level 16
About that name, I'm honestly not sure why I named it "Greene Tech"(must be because I used the ashenvale texture), but anyways, I hope you use it to its fullest potential and call it whatever name you come up with for your map.

Also, here are the sorta proper scales of use, depending on how your map might need it:
*Note: These scales are expected for a map where your villager's scale is 1. However, you can just use these scales to adjust for your map

Real-Life Scaling: 7
If you really need to see how big it's supposed to be like in real-life, you are seriously gonna need a lot of space. 4 seems to be fine, but 5 - 7 is just about perfect
That Real-Time Strategy kind of scaling: 1.5 - 1.7
You know those real-time strategy things, build a base and train troops kinda thing? They kinda have those buildings scaled to be small enough to take up less space, but big enough so they seem to be in proportion with the units

The scale I used for my map: 1.9
So if you take a look at the screenie attached, you'll see how I used it in a map of mine, the whole map was tweaked to make everything seem in proportion. I had the villagers scaled down to around 0.8 to match the buildings. I also made a custom PathTexture to match the building in this scale. You can get it here:
18x18GreeneTech.tga