• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Green Icon [No DISBNT]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I downloaded some icons for my map but there isnt a DISBNT icon so theres a green box. Is there a way of making a DISBNT of the icon so I don't have to try and track down the icons?

Level 2
Wow I just realised that I can make icons on it. This is amazing.
But the original problem still doesn't fix itself.
I have a custom icon assigned to a spell in a spell book.
This spells techtree requirement is another unit.
When it doesn't fulfill the requirements it shows up as a green box.
I used that program and made PAS and DISPAS but this still doesn't fix it.

Level 2
The normal icon already works but the disabled one doesn't work.
I tried the ReplaceableTextures\CommandButoms\ but the disabled icon still doesn't show up.
The normal icon still works tho.

Level 26
Then thats you who did mistake now. I showed you how you import icons properly, read more carrefully and do it again.
Once again for disbtn its' ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTNyour_icon.blp

Both icons should have .blp/tga at the end, and both should have the same icon name, similar path (except for tail, one ends with BTNicon.blp the other Disable\DISBTNicon.blp).

Tzi

Tzi

Level 4
I don't use the program rysnt11 have posted, I use Photoshop with several layers for the whole icon types:wink:

- Be sure that the icon has just 24 bit quality
- The size must be 64x64 pixel
- The file must be correctly converted to a .blp file
- When imported the icon need to have the same Name like the BTN with a "DIS" at the front
- When imported give the imported icon a custom path called: "ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTNYour_icon"
- Save the map (maybe restart the WE after save)

If it still won't work send me the button, I'll try to fix it.

Last edited:

Tzi

Tzi

Level 4
He wrote that the DISBTN doesn't work... right? (If I'm too silly to read english tell it to me)

Cause I am not using the posted program (normally something like this can cause that I don't know which points of converting / making a button the program is doing) I told all the points that can cause such a problem. A fail?

Level 23
He wrote that the DISBTN doesn't work... right? (If I'm too silly to read english tell it to me)

Cause I doesn't use the posted program (normally something like this can cause that I don't know which points of converting / making a button the program is doing) I told all the points that can cause such a problem. A fail?

Yea you fail, its already clear that he just used the wrong path.
And now you come along with maybe confusing, useless information.

Level 26
I see you have never touched that problem before. Let me explain that to you.
Green buttom appears in war3 game (via importing) because of wrong path given imported icon has.
It has nothing about program icon was made in.

Although normal icon (BTN/PASBTN) will work no matter of path, the disabled (DISBTN/DISPASBTN) requires a precise path so they work properly.
Replaceabletextures\Commandbuttomsdisabled\(hereDISBTN/DISPASBTN)your_icon.blp is a path for both icon types.

For normal BTN i already wrote above, but for passivesBTN its:
Replaceabletextures\passivebuttoms\PASBTNyour_icon.blp

Tzi

Tzi

Level 4
I see you have never touched that problem before.

Nothing new for me. It seems that I haven't wrote the path wrong a long time, cause I'm importing the whole time new ones.

With the confusing informations you are right >.<
I'm sorry, I'll never try to help anymore. So everyone's happy!:thumbs_up:

Level 13
For normal BTN i already wrote above, but for passivesBTN its:
Replaceabletextures\passivebuttoms\PASBTNyour_icon.blp

You written bad path for 3 or more times... not buttoms it is buttons... -.-

The only thing you need is:
Disabled: "ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISorDISPASBTNAndYourButtonName.blp"

The disabled button path for both PASBTNs and BTNs are this. Only the disabled buttons path has to be edited others inned coz you select the button in the Object Editor so the active is given. For creating buttons just use that rysnt11 told you to use.

Button Tutorial

Level 26
You written bad path for 3 or more times... not buttoms it is buttons... -.-

The only thing you need is:
Disabled: "ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISorDISPASBTNAndYourButtonName.blp"

The disabled button path for both PASBTNs and BTNs are this. Only the disabled buttons path has to be edited others inned coz you select the button in the Object Editor so the active is given. For creating buttons just use that rysnt11 told you to use.

Button Tutorial

The next guy that has problem with reading.
You are right, was mistaken in those lines, spamming 'm' not 'n' - happens.
However, i wrote right path for all of the icons, although you are also true about the normal icons because you always select them via ediotr.

You just reapeated part about DISBTN/ DISPASBTN from my post, nothing to add, I know how to create icons, and you dont have to teach me this either. End of story.

Level 2
Sorry for causing so much trouble. My own silly mistakes.
@ Spinnaker: I almost swear you could read my mind, you knew exactly where I went wrong. Everything cleared up and all fixed. I leared a lot. Thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.