• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Great Map Need Teammates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I have this great urban space map and have a 'tag' concept in mind but I will need some help. I can do most things regarding the creation of the map but the new GUI is a little frustrating at the moment. If you know what tree or sheep tag is from WC3- I kinda intended to lean towards that. Although I'm open and my map is flexible.

So I'm looking for any number of help that is willing. Thanks.

PM if you're interested and/or would like details.

Last edited:
Level 6
Registered User TastyBamboo
User

*Pikafag*

With 3 sentences to describe the game.

Eh, how about YOU pm ME?

Its not gonna be anything epic doesn't need a huge story. Its just gonna be one of those games you play, have some fun, GG. A tag game set in an Urban Environment. I was thinking it be kinda like a tree tag- minus the trees. The map is quite inspirational as well as my ideas for the things it could include. Once I get a hang of the new GUI I'll be able to do anything. Wouldn't need any custom sh!t. I'm open to how the map would go.

And i picked a random avatar from list... that thing makes me smile so to each his own. :xxd:

Gotta be someone- not everything has to an ORPG, TD, or Defense game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 11
But the new GUI is almost exactly the same, all the new features are merely extra, and they haven't changed the way you code things at all. I don't really see whats more difficult about it, except maybe if you are referring to the GUI of the object editor.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Im tired of tag, wars and other boring maps. I want to see more variety.

It is perfectly fine to use the new GUI although at times custom script will always be better due to flexiblity.
In SC2 the GUI does not have the habbit of having all actions as BJs or leaking or doing totally stupid things and as such approaches near equal efficency to actual script for most tasks. Scripting will always allow more optimized code but you do not have to feel embarrised using the GUI like you did in WC3.

Level 6
Okay I'll do a different map than- not Tag. I actually had a better idea with unique features. Its an arena map but not like what you think and would expect. I'm really motivated about this new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.