• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Data Editor - Element Tower Defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I've had a growing frustration with BNET 2.0 for quite awhile. A couple of months back, I decided enough was enough and I stopped modding. My project was Element Tower Defense, a new iteration of the popular WC3 map. I've had time to think about and plan it, and I have decided to return with the aim of continuing Element TD.

I'm looking for one proficient data editor to complement the trigger editor (progammer) in this task. Since we are continuing, a lot of work has already been done. Here is the breakdown:

Terrain 100% complete (Zarakk)

Trigger 33% complete (progammer)

Data 50% complete (you!)

Design 100% complete (Karawasa)

The game is a fleshed out and proven concept, so there will be a clear sense of direction. That doesn't mean things won't change overtime though.

You would be responsible for using the data editor to create the abilities that towers have. A good portion have already been done and just need some tweaking. You would also be responsible for selecting the ability special effect models for towers and creeps. Finally, there will be some need of the data editor in implementing various modes and mechanics.

The time horizon can be flexible but I'm looking for a release within a couple months or so. Please do not offer unless you have follow through. I need the help of just one dedicated and experienced data editor.

Feel free to PM me or post here if you're interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.