• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gravedigger TD v0.6b beta

Created by Gravedigger5454
Help from Jason X57, Doomhammer, Catch22, Mini-Me, yyz1992, Dungla, PurplePoot MagnusCalgar and Preskooldude

Currently the map is at a beta stage with
v0.6b which is %60 of v1

How it's unique
In most TDs towers will have some special power, but they will all attack in the same way. In my TD their are 17 tower types (22 in v1) and they all attack in a different way. For example, destruction towers are aimed manually at a point, stealth can disappear or reapear whenever you want, and air towers blow enemies away from wherever they're going. Through these unique towers (many cool abilities for towers within their types), the gameplay is already very different from your standard TD, strategies and mazes created have to be completely different if you hope to complete all of the 60 current levels. Also their are seven modes with many more to be added later. Each mode plays very differently, and some are unlike any TD I've ever played. Note that some of the most unique modes are still being implemented.

Map Summary
Gravedigger TD is a unique TD that can be considered a full TD game in it's finished form. Modes and gameplay are intended to ensure it is exciting for every gamer. Casual gamers will love the arcade feel of the Fill The Graves Mode while Hardcore gamers may enjoy the extreme difficulty of the Heroic Endurance mode. While everyone may like playing a match of rumble pit, a hero arena like mini-game. More mini-games and more modes will be constantly added as new versions are released. Post a complete discription of your mode idea and it will be considered to add to future versions, if used you will be given credit.

Map Features List (for v0.6)
-Over 125 unique towers
-11 Unique heroes
-11 Modes
-60 levels with 6 challenging bosses
-8 player multiplayer support
-Exciting singleplayer
-Great Difficulty Curve
-Secret unlockable towers
-Walls between lanes in Line TD based mode can be destroyed
-Optional training levels to fight between levels to gain experience (used to upgrade towers), now available in most modes
-Map size compressed
-6 levels within one Warcraft map
-Creeps only spawn for a player when they are playing (if someone leaves in the middle of a team game, their creep spawn turns off)
-Modes variety created to allow all players to enjoy the map
-Custom minimap preview and ingame image
-Each boss has an ability that he will use to make the boss battles more unique and challenging
-Many unique special abilities for the creeps, such as zombie levels, which respawn when killed and can only leak if they've never been killed before
-More (honestly, I can't remember all the features)

----------------------------------------------------
Changelog
----------------------------------------------------

(Changelog Shortened)

v0.4 (beta)
Healing tower class added
Graves now have no pathing map to keep them from getting in the way of creeps or players
Two new special level types added
Items added to the coliseum level
Line Survivor terrain improved a little
Creep health and difficulty increased
Each boss now has a special ability that makes them more difficult to kill
Heroes are a lot weaker
Time before first level increased and time between levels reduced
A few more minor improvements

v0.41 (beta)
Kaels Invulnerability aura replaced
Buttons for builder reorganized
A small tower progression system has been added (some towers aren't available until certain levels)
A few tooltips have been updated
Black hole weakened
Difficulty further increased
Conjuration spawned units no longer block pathing
Blink ability now has 10 levels
A few other small improvements

v0.41b (beta)
Fixes a major bug in Line Survivor Mode

v0.43 (beta)
Survivor mode added
Toxic tower type rebalanced and fixed
Spray towers now have a ground texture
Hints added
Camera bounds and minimap now change based on what mode your playing
Towers no longer mysteriously die
New level, used for Survivor mode
Towers can no longer attack across lanes in Line Survivor mode
Line Survivor terrain changed because some people said it hurt their eyes
A few minor fixes

v0.47 (beta)
Voting system added for selecting modes
Assault mode added
Air towers fixed
New towers added
Information added about modes and special creep levels
Commands added telling you when special levels are
Tutorial temporarily disabled due to the mass about of bugs and glitched previously caused by it
Bug and glitch fixes added

v0.5 (beta)
8 player support added to most modes
Execution mode added
Air tower changed a lot with rebalancing, etc.
Many problems with Assault mode have been fixed
Mode selection system now spread over two pages so it looks better
No more killing your neighbors creeps
Many other fixes (some pretty major, but I can't remember them)

v0.51 (beta)
Fixes a major bug in v0.5 that could cause stuff to disappear
Fixes the Magic Box healing tower
Team TD mode added
New level added (used for Team TD)

v0.51b (beta)
Fixes a bug that would crash the game in Execution mode

v0.51c (beta)
Fixes leaderboards
Difficulty increased
A description for Team TD has been added
Many little bugs have been fixed that could cause problems when your playing

v0.52 (beta)
Includes a small little system I setup that removes a lot of bugs (including the one that would cause builders to spawn in the wrong place) and helps avoid lag
Adds a new hero with custom abilities
Has many small fixes that overall help improve the map

v0.54 (beta)
Fixed a few bugs in the Hero TD mode
Redesigned the middle of the Coliseum area (used for Hero TD and Rumble Pit), this makes it look a lot better and increases Hero TD difficulty
Added two new heroes with custom abilities
Added the Thrown tower type
Increased the size of the Coliseum level a little
Slowed down hero attacks
The information shown at the beginning now appears after you vote for the mode
Custom items have been added
Team TD leaderboard fixed
Some icons and tooltips changed (and Kaels ability that was "missing a tooltip" now has one)
Many other fixes I forgot

v0.55 (beta)
Thrown towers fixed
Survivor TD mode now supports 8 players (it's also a little different if you play as player 5-8)
A few sounds added (like first blood)
Some icons changed
File size reduced a little

v0.6 (beta)
10 new levels
Many unique new special abilities for creeps
6 new heroes (3 previous ones have been removed)
Many changes to the doom towers
Trap tower type added
More bug fixes with the Combustable and Thrown towers
Towers, creeps, and heroes have all been rebalanced, a lot
Better creep spawning system that keeps creeps from freezing and spawns at all eight spawn points at once
Sound effect and award system improved
Bug that could cause players 5-8 to be unable to see their mazes has been fixed
Many small changes that together improve over all gameplay
Many bug and glitch fixes

v0.6b (beta)
Apparantly, the map protection program I have been using as well as other I've tried now corrupt my map. So I will be posting it as the full size unprotected file. I have also changed a few things for 0.6b, however you won't notice them unless you managed to unprotect and play v0.6
Contents

Gravedigger TD v0.6b beta (Map)

Reviews
brad.dude03: A very well thought out Td with many unique towers, game modes and ideas. Absolutely approved.

M

brad.dude03: A very well thought out Td with many unique towers, game modes and ideas. Absolutely approved.

Level 6
the ingame minimap is very annoying, because you can see the towers and units on the minimap but the background of the minimap is the same picture like the preview picture.

other things that are not very good:
-first units spawn too fast, but you need alot of time to read all the tower discription if you play it the first time
-the player next to me was able to attack and kill my towers with his towers (working as intended?)

Level 4
I will be updating this map soon. The new version will include an introductory period at the beginning to give new players enough time to read the tooltips and everything and tell them what all the towers do etc. Also, I will be testing a lot to improve balancing. I'm not sure what to do with the minimap though, becuase regular minimap looks worse and is just as helpful. The player next to you is supposed to be able to attack you, he gets a money bonus for it. Do you think I should change that?

Level 4
(response to Sworddragon's comment)

1. Attacking other players is part of that mode, pick Line survivor and no one can attack you
2. I'll work on improving the terrain
3. I don't know how to, but if someone tells me how to, then yes, I will

Level 4
v0.52 is available and fixes many problems found in past versions. If you played and there was a bug or glitch, please don't vote based on that, just try the new version, if there's still a bug, report it

(response to Sworddragon's comment)
2. I've updated a lot of the terrain since posting that, so see if you like it now
3. I've also figured out how to set camera bounds and have, however the minimap doesn't work with this unless I use a background picture.