• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Grass shows up as missing model – I am going to lose my sh!t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

_PV

_PV

Level 7
So.. as the title dictates, I am on the verge of drop-kicking my Computer through the window. I'm going to be brief, and show you (to whom it may or may not concern) this image. I don't even have to elaborate on it, you'll immediately understand my anger/pain..

lXNbK4.png

That's right. Every time I look for models on the site, I'm all like:

"Oh wow! Look at that cool grass model. I am going to use the sh!t out of that alright!"

WRONG

YOU'RE NOT GOING TO USE THE SH!T OUT OF THAT MODEL

YOU'RE GOING TO SHED TEARS

TEARS OF RAGE AND UTTER FAILURE

WHY?

BECAUSE THAT LITTLE GREEN-CHECKERED BOX WILL DEVOUR YOUR DREAMS

AND YOU WILL BE BOUND FOREVER TO THAT GREEN LITTLE MOTHER-F*CKER

THAT WILL THWART YOU EVERY STEP OF THE WAY

Now that I got that out of me, I am going to state my query in a comprehensible form.
I have had this trouble with importing models since .. I can't even remember when. Now, I know it's not that difficult. I mean, there are like a thousand tutorials on how to do it... but somehow I just can't do it correctly.
I will forever be plagued by that green box.
Sure, the models display perfectly in-game. IN-GAME though...
I am trying to terrain some awesome-infused setting for a cinematic.. How can I do it if all that I see is that green-checkered box? I mean, I have to get the placement right, the angle, etc. etc. etc.

Please can someone show me the way of my errors?

Now to dispel some shrouded areas in my hardship:

1.) The path can't be wrong, cause then every model on the site's path is wrong, and I HIGHLY doubt that. When the author of the model actually includes a path, the model has like a 60% chance of working, but in my case I have very few models that actually require a custom path.
I did as some tutorials said: "remove the 'war3mapImported' part and you're good to go m8", which obviously doesn't work. I even tried making a folder in my warcraft-directory named "war3mapImported" but surprize surprize, that didn't work.

2.) the model is NOT broken or anything. I tried importing a model that also exists in the Ultimate Terraining Map (which's paths are all anyway 'war3mapImported\grass1.mdx' e.g.) and it just won't work.

What I am trying to say is, I am not making any evident mistakes, really.. and I don't understand how this can be such PT.

If ANYONE can please just help me and tell me where I am going wrong, That'd be great.

XYcKx9.png

Level 12
attachment.php

works for me...

main warcraft folder
|
---> models
............ |
............. ---> grass1
....................... |
.........................--> grass1.mdx

after importing and placing model on map restart your jngp

and use hidden tags for your own pictures as well. [hidden=something) [/hidden)

Attachments

• Névtelen.png
    Névtelen.png
    410.7 KB · Views: 96

_PV

_PV

Level 7
I believe the error in my ways lied in where I placed my model files -_- My directory structure looked something like this:
Warcraft3
|
|--Models
|
|----Environment
|------grass1
|
|----Units
|----Structures
|----etc.

So I just took the model folder and put it directly into the models folder ._.

Such a simple mistake but really it's thwarted me for so long xD or this might just be the Green-Checkered box playing with my mind D:

Thanks so much, good sir! ( I couldn't append rep to you because It seems I have recently appended rep to you, but you do have my gratitude!)
-----Resolved-----

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.