• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Graphics and range

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hi all,

I have two problems.
Firstly, I use in my map the rockets of the goblin. The problem is that I don't want it to leave any cracks on the floor. How to do this?
Secondly, does anyone know how to modify the attack (not acquisition) range of a unit? I find out the most we can is 600... and I want it of 3000.

Thanks!

Well, for your first question, its basically impossible, thats code imbedded inside of the wc3 engine, you could, if you really wanted to, replace that texture witha dummy texture so it wouldn't but then all the other spells that make that texture on the floor wont either.

And for your second question, If the combat range is higher then the aquisition range, it will set the range to the aquisition range, its normally a good idea to keep the aquisition range the same as the combat range or you could run into some problems

Level 5
Yes, I'll replace this texture with a dummy one.
But what I asked about attack range is how to put it to 3000? When I do this in the unit tab, and then start game, its range is only 600...
And, furthermore, how to modify acquisition range without using trigger? I don't find it in units tab...

Level 16
Look at the screenshot:
61799d1248878798-graphics-and-range-seea.jpg

Maybe you accidentally change "Range Motion Buffer" instead of range.

Attachments

• Seea.JPG
    Seea.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 155
Level 5
Thanks a lot, it now works perfectly.
If I use WarIII Viewer, where to find the texture of the rocket spell? In the spell graphics itself?

Level 5
Thanks a lot, but well, I don't have any good idea to replace it. With what?
Is there a way to set percentage of absorded damage to 100 for the mana shield spell?

I've never personally tried this, but just go to notpad, then type "Space" Alt + S
Then save it as "Blank.blp", then import it to your map to the filename of the explosion

Not sure if it works.

question 2: Shift + Click to disable maximum/minimum values in object editor, you have to have the field selected, then press Shife + click it will open, then you can type in 100

Level 5
Thanks a lot for the spell, but the blank.blp didn't work, and I didn't make any mistake in the path... Or maybe it wasn't the good one?

Status
Not open for further replies.