• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gouffre de Nazjatar/Nazjatar Chasm

This bundle is marked as lacking. It fails to meet the standard requirements and may only have minor use.
- Gouffre de Nazjatar / Nazjatar Chasm (NC) -

General Info:

Players: 4v4 / 2v2v2v2 / FFA
Size: 180 x 180
Created for "Melee"

Neutral Buildings:

12 Goldmines
6 Shops
1 Market
2 Labs
2 Merco
4 Tavern

Creepcamps:

16 Green
26 Orange
5 Red
Previews
Contents

Gouffre de Nazjatar/Nazjatar Chasm (Map)

Reviews
mafe
Wow, I knew I was behind in reviewing maps, but I didnt realize it went as far as April. Sorry about that. So, what to make of this map? My impression is that is on the level of some of the default wc3 maps created by blizzard, but has a few flaws...

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
Wow, I knew I was behind in reviewing maps, but I didnt realize it went as far as April. Sorry about that.

So, what to make of this map? My impression is that is on the level of some of the default wc3 maps created by blizzard, but has a few flaws that will keep it back from being ladder-worthy.
1. General layout: There is a lot of empty space (the shallow water) on the outer parts of the maps which I think serves no purpose. The islands also take up much more space than necessary. Also, if there are islands, they should be easy to reach, i.e. there should be a goblin laboratory close to the islands, which isnt the case here. The central part of the map is alright. I also like that depending on spawns,
2. Creeps some of the 2-2-2 and 3-2-2 trolls spots aggro when units walk past them, as do the central mines. For the trolls it doesnt really matter because the 2-2-2 trolls dont deal much damage, and the 3-2-2 trolls are in location where it is unlikely that units will walk past them accidentially. But for the central mines maybe some creeps could be put to camp stance.
3. Itemdrops: A lvl 2 powerup from a 5-4-4 camp is too weak, and a lvl 4 item from the central mines is too strong.
4. Visually, some parts of the maps are significantly nicer that others. Again, the large parts with only sand/shallow water look boring.

So overall, the map probably would be better if it was smaller. Unfortunately, that's not easy to fix. At least, you should do something about issues 2 and 3, as they can be fixed quickly. But beyond that, I wouldnt recommend to fix this map as I have already seen other more promising maps from you. So improving those would be a more efficient use of time. If you have any questions (language-related or others), you can also contact me in discord.

Map set to Awaiting Update.