• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Good Editor to start with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
hey i wonna start making Campaign maps on war3 :roll: ... can you reccommend me a good editor which is good for a bigginer and has a lot of opportunities and options :roll: . Please send your posts to [email protected] or paste them here. Thanks in Advance !

Level 3
As a beginner, you should definately use Blizzard's editor. Once you've learned the ropes of the editor and can produce a fully functional map, complete with triggers, custom data, etc, I would move on to World Editor Unlimited. Personally, I wouldn't use WEU by itself. I would make the terrain and doodad/destructibles layer with Zepir's or Blizzard's Editor, then use WEU to finish the map off with some custom triggers and functions. If you don't want to do all that, then you should just stick with the basic World Editor. It is, after all, the safest and most stable world editor.

Level 7
weu = world editor unlimited
it has alot of extra functions and triggers
in my opinin, the best editor

Level 2
Just use the normal editor for the first time, you should consider getting an advanced editor when you want to do more advanced triggers since the advanced editors mostly only add new trigger functions which you don't need at start :!:

Status
Not open for further replies.