• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gondorian Pack

"This is an adaptation/re-upload of sorts of my Gondor Swordsman using only in-game textures, and thus a Hell of a lot more polygons"
- HerrDave

Featuring
- Gondor Swordsman (War of the Ring)
- Gondorian Soldier (Battle for Middle Earth)
- Gondorian Archer (Battle for Middle Earth)
- Ithilien Ranger (Battle for Middle Earth)

Keywords: Gondor, Arnor, Numenor, Arthedain, Cardolan, Rhudaur, Middle, Earth, Lotr, Lord, Of, The, Rings, War, Ring, Soldier, swordsman, footman, fighter, heavy, infantry, human, numenorean, gondorian, ranger, archer, bowman, skirmisher, defender, huntsman, hunter, woodsman, dunedain, halbarad

Changes
- Fixed possessed beard
- Revamped BFME Variant
- Minor adjustments to wrap and mesh of WotR Variant
- Added Ithilien Ranger
- Added Gondor Archer
- Fixed Gondor Soldier's neck
- Fixed Gondor Soldier's leg armour clipping
- Fixed Gondor Archer's butt (Update came early because I don't want to make the Knight today)
Previews
Contents

Gondor Swordsman (WotR) (Model)

Gondorian Archer (Model)

Gondorian Soldier (BFME) (Model)

Ithilien Ranger (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
Works in-game, performs appropriately and is a good addition to the model section. Excellent work!
Level 64
- Beard and eyebrows?
What do you m-- OH GOD

- WotR variant hand
That's actually deliberate - in the icon he has his sword tip up against his chest, which can't be replicated without doing horrible things to his arm off-camera @)u(@

@Mythic I got the idea for the green shields from this wicked-old screenshot of a LotR project that (I think?) never came to the Hive

But_All_The_People.PNG
shield1-png.324266

Last edited:
Level 12
The wrap and shading of the texture on the body were better. The chestplate shading and the team color on this one are bit off I think. The arms and the legs particularly harshly stand out in the places where the naked arms merge with the armour and the sharp team colour suddenly shifts to the boots. Also the body proportions were more fitting the warcraft 3 style.

The gondor soldier looks like golem/robot. The monotoned shiny steel just doesn't get interrupted anywhere with the exception of his shield which from some angles is hard to see. It would be better I think if there was more variety to his armour. More chainmail-y areas perhaps or different (none?) pauldrons revealing black areas (like with your tower guard model).

Level 10
Great update)
However, there is one bug in Gondor Archer model: one edge is attached to "bone cape 2" instead chest or pelvis, and because of this, his butt looks dangerously edgy in walk animation

(Also, IMHO, it was good to see a bit more leg movements in attack animation, or at least small fix of this clipping tasset on right leg.
This is not very noticeable, but from a short distance it does not look very good.)

Last edited:

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

Good stuff. Shame you removed the worker.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

Cool. Hope you can fix that bug with his weapon not appearing in lumber harvesting animation.