• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Goldendemon's Realtextur RPG Terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Use wow models and I will kill you. (Ban, that is). First off. WOW MODELS ARE NOT FUCKING HIGH RES. They are REALLY lowres, but just with a lot less contrast, so it looks like those textures are much better than wc3 ones. They are NOT.

He uses WoW models if he want. I just want to say, make them. Oh ... what a sad thing he can't ... Don't talk now, he do what he want to do for his map.

Level 8
:eek: Happy Tauren look if i wanted to make it with really high res modells i need some modells i think 1 wont be enogh for the whole project so i need a full modell stuff like 2-3 modellers and than its 1. not really "My Project" okay now i have some helpers as well but we are still a LITTLE team but if there are some modllers as well we are a Team so its not my project rather a team project and i think the modellers would need a LONG time to do all of that modells and than we must wait and the project will never be finished

(sorry for my englisch ^^ but i think ou can understand what im talking about)

Level 7
I m with Goldendemon! I think he should decide what modes he use in he's own map! And he used all this time on the project and it looks so great and funny. Why the hell just bann he for that. Shal the project take ages then or never be finished -.- And just waste it.

I say keep on doing your ideas goldendemon!

Level 16
I think HappyTauren was saying if posted on the site, he would be banned. The other part of the message I'm guessing Tauren's saying that WoW models would ruin the map. As to that, I would have to agree with him. To determine what HappyTauren was saying, took simple analytical skills, BTW....

Level 10
GoldenDemon, I like it.

But here on the Hive, we have a rule about giving credits. (I am not a mod, just a concerned user)
Now, I don't know his german name, but Born²Modificate has released the pack with the doodads that you are using on an english site (here)
and should get the recognition he deserves for spending a LOT of time making them. Also, iNfraNe made that water model (here).

Personally, if I were them, I would want credits given to me for my hard work. ^^

Level 35
Well, these screenies are srsly awesome! Nice textures, nice overall look, everything looks real, as I gather that's the effect you were after. Definitely helps me to forget it's Warcraft 3, which is often a good thing for a map to do, if you know what I mean ;P.

How's the filesize? And what will be in the RPG? Too lazy to read all posts, so understand if you don't want to repeat it if it's already been said in here :p

Level 34
Fuck us, eh? Thanks, we appreciate it.

---------------------------

I've always hated High-Res, but you've done a pretty good job terrain wise.

FYI, we won't ban you for using WoW models in your map. We don't however, allow users to upload WoW models to the site.
Personally, I encourage you to find an alternative. WoW models are far from ideal for wc3. They carry a large file size, and don't fit with the rest of the game at all.

Level 10
Lol! Thats what you get for reviving a long dead post and kissing ass for mediocre work at best. It only looks half as good as it does bescause he used high-res models.

Level 7
Lol! Thats what you get for reviving a long dead post and kissing ass for mediocre work at best. It only looks half as good as it does bescause he used high-res models.

It´s quite amazing how much people talk absolutley bullshit about "high res" here at hive sometimes.
Goldendemon´s terrains ( even of this older map here ) are quite superb, especially architecture.
Really, just using "high res" doesn´t make a good piece of terrain, you need as much time and "terraining skill" like for comic-style-stuff either.

Level 34
One could argue that since textures are "better" (I don't agree there though), you need less skill to cover up shitty wc3 ones.

Level 8
i think the mpq is arround 110mb

and yes, i stoped working on the showing projekt and that was a hard choise for me but there was no other way... i lost my teammeber and that sapped my projekt..

at the moment im working together with corexx on "Neratia RPG" but if we finished neratia maybe i'll start working on the projekt again or i'll upload all my maps, artwork so some of you can finished it or can learn how to make terrain like this :D

Level 5
WTF Neretia?
That's the map I downloaded today from the german warcraft forum with the help of Google Translator after seeing a demo of Gothic RPG!!!

Lol!!!

All I saw was terrain, a priest and a simple camera system.
that map was the first (or second?) version of neratia, i think corexx started ~5 times new. so this is OLD.

Status
Not open for further replies.