• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gold Rush 1.0

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Contents

Gold Rush 1.0 (Map)

Reviews
mafe
I'm sorry to the long delay until the review. So.... honestly this does not look a wc3 map all. It's more a like a merger of the Forest Nothing and Gold Rush maps from AoE2 (is the name just a coincidence?). All the common strategies of wc3 cannot be...

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
I'm sorry to the long delay until the review.

So.... honestly this does not look a wc3 map all. It's more a like a merger of the Forest Nothing and Gold Rush maps from AoE2 (is the name just a coincidence?).
All the common strategies of wc3 cannot be applied to this map, so I'm not really sure how to review. Basically everything that "normal" wc3 players would could consider to be "fun" is impossible on this map. Instead the most efficent ways to win would be to tech for mass air every single game, or possible a race to siege and then loot all the free items in the center? Or hope your lucky that one of the neutral buildings near you turns out to be a goblin lab so you can buy a zeppelin? Also why is it possible for the neutral buildings to be shipyards? What's the point of a wc3 map if you cant creep your hero? Why are the items on the ground and not dropped by creeps?

The greatest irony is that despite there being so many trees, they are also so far away from the main building, so everyone will struggle for lumber early on... except that the players in the west have a clear advantage here due to the shorter distances to the forest.

I'm sorry but this is not a melee map in anything but the letter-of-the-law sense. Therefore I cannot legitimately approve it and instead set it to useful/simple. It might be better to turn it into a true altered melee.

PS: The description here is, well, nonexistant. And you are aware that one of the default wc3 maps from Blizzard is already called Gold Rush?