• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

GoblinRubberDuck

Oh dear, gentlemen. Our ship has gone done, but have no fear, we have our trusty rubber duckies! It'll surely keep us afloat!

Made to go together with my other model that I am making. When that naval vehicle gets destroyed and sinks, this little guy shortly pops up. Is meant to be able to rescue.

Although it has a walk animation because I used the orc transportship as a base.
If anyone would be in the mood to animate a makeshift swim animation, that would be awesome.

Anyhow, here it is, enjoy.

Edit: Red helped out with a cool skin for the rubber ducky.
Edit x2: Pvt.Toma helped out with a swim animation.
Edit x3: Preparing for expanding this bundle. See the last post for more information.
Edit x4:

Done:
- Item version of the rubber duck
- Attachment version of the rubber duck.
- The goblin have proper beach attire. (Re-animated the model myself after remaking the mesh.)
- Parasol
- Beach chair
- Barbecue Grill

To do:
- Non-swimming animations for the goblin.
- Freezebox
- Suntan lotion bottle
- Snorkel
- Diver's Air tank
- Goblin Diver
- Beach Volleyball
- Beach Volleyball Net
- Lifeguard Post
- Inflatable Rubber Pool (Also done, will also need some tweaks.)
- Mobile Hotdog vendor
- Mobile Ice cream vendor

Ideas that will be easy to do that I might as well do.
- Bathtub with duck toys
- Souvenir Shop
- Souvenir Shop Circular rack (With fast food. I've already made those models.)
- Souvenir Shop Cooled box (With soft drinks, also already made those models.)

Keywords:
Goblin, Party, Pools, Rubber, Duckie, Duck, Water, Sea, Rescuable
Contents

GoblinRubberDuck (Model)

GoblinRubberDuck (Model)

Reviews
22:05, 15th Jan 2013 -Grendel: would be useful i guess.

M

22:05, 15th Jan 2013
-Grendel: would be useful i guess.

Level 26
Here's a random swim animation, you might wanna use it or anything.
www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin_data/zsetew/_files/GoblinRubberDuck.mdx

I originally thought it was too slow, then I realized that a goblin does not swim at the speed of a motorboat.
Using your version. Thanks. I suggest using the speed of 200 to 250 for anyone who wants to use it.

Amphibious sappers...interesting...Since there are flying goblin models, it seems that nothing is safe from goblins now. :goblin_boom:

That could be the next stage. Currently, It's just a surviving goblin after a sinking ship.

Level 26
Yeah !!
Ok i will give you a link when its done !..
do u have funny Models or models that fits for swimming Pool ?

Not really. I got a rowboat and a hovership. Donno if they are that funny though.
If you got any ideas or requests, feel free to write down a reply on my page and I'll look into it if I find it interesting enough.

Level 3
"Goblins have taken over the planet-"

"not yet, we still have one more invention to unleash.

The rubber du..h...h....
THE GOBLINS GOT TO IT, TOO?!"

Level 26
I'll be updating this sometime tomorrow. It appears people will be pillaging it if I do not. Don't forget to suggest beach related stuff and I'll make a note of updating this bundle with that stuff later. Seriously, just post right here in this thread. The more the merrier.

I already have a bunch of models I hadn't actually updated yet. Had people asked, I could've presented the inflatable goblin pool I made a while back as a joke for my mod. A lot of fast food models I made could also be attached here, why not?

Level 26
Alright, I've been talking with DEAD FiSH for some ideas. This is the current lineup. I've also improved the wrap and mesh of the rubber duck a bit. Nothing major, some minor tweaks. Not sure if I'll be able to upload it today as I was going to work a bit on the goblin itself. Refine the mesh, make sure that the swim animation isn't stretchy. Prepare a proper beach attire, swim trunks, non-glove hands etc.

Anyhow, to do list:
- Item version of the rubber duck
- Attachment version of the rubber duck.

- Freezebox
- Suntan lotion bottle
- Parasol (Actually done, will be doing some tweaks to it.)
- Beach chair (Also done, will also need some tweaks.)
- Barbecue Grill (Also done, will also need some tweaks.)
- Snorkel
- Diver's Air tank
- Goblin Diver
- Beach Volleyball
- Beach Volleyball Net
- Lifeguard Post
- Inflatable Rubber Pool (Also done, will also need some tweaks.)
- Mobile Hotdog vendor
- Mobile Ice cream vendor

Ideas that will be easy to do that I might as well do.
- Bathtub with duck toys
- Souvenir Shop
- Souvenir Shop Circular rack (With fast food. I've already made those models.)
- Souvenir Shop Cooled box (With soft drinks, also already made those models.)

If you get more ideas, share with me and I'll expand the list. Once I start uploading more models to this bundle, I'll probably rename it to Goblin Beach Bundle

Last edited:
Level 5
Your Goblin Beach Bundle sounds great and will close a really useful niche in hive.
Thx for your work, really, even if I want to ask you some perhaps unpleasant questions.

If you would mind to imagine you are me and you are in need of a rubber-duck item for your map and explicitly search in hive for rubber-duck and bath toys, but there are none. Luckily you stumble over an 5 year old hilarious goblinrubberduck model.
Since you think of our forum rules (sadly in contrast to me) you ask the modeler if you could use his mesh for the attachment you are in search for, cause you lack of time. Ofc you would give him proper credit, even if it's a low poly mesh, since he is the first one in hive with something rubber-duck related and his goblin deserves it.
Now imagine this modeler says no and begins instantly to work on his own rubber-duck attachment. Furthermore, your (too unprofessional) kiddie pool got somehow deleted and the modeler announces to fill that gap, too. In both cases he doesn't even mention you.
How would you feel? What would you think of intellectuall property in that scenario?

I really don't want to belittle your great work, simply remind you of your own moral standards.
Perhaps you think I forfeit all my rights for beeing treated equally, cause of not asking and only crediting you, or perhaps I'm only overreacting cause of beeing a litte grumpy, in that case preemptively sry.

Your Goblin Beach Bundle sounds great and will close a really useful niche in hive.
Thx for your work, really, even if I want to ask you some perhaps unpleasant questions.

If you would mind to imagine you are me and you are in need of a rubber-duck item for your map and explicitly search in hive for rubber-duck and bath toys, but there are none. Luckily you stumble over an 5 year old hilarious goblinrubberduck model.
Since you think of our forum rules (sadly in contrast to me) you ask the modeler if you could use his mesh for the attachment you are in search for, cause you lack of time. Ofc you would give him proper credit, even if it's a low poly mesh, since he is the first one in hive with something rubber-duck related and his goblin deserves it.
Now imagine this modeler says no and begins instantly to work on his own rubber-duck attachment. Furthermore, your (too unprofessional) kiddie pool got somehow deleted and the modeler announces to fill that gap, too. In both cases he doesn't even mention you.
How would you feel? What would you think of intellectuall property in that scenario?

I really don't want to belittle your great work, simply remind you of your own moral standards.
Perhaps you think I forfeit all my rights for beeing treated equally, cause of not asking and only crediting you, or perhaps I'm only overreacting cause of beeing a litte grumpy, in that case preemptively sry.

No offence, but please keep a civil tone.
It is Minimage's full right to say no to you editing and uploading his own creations. He cannot stop you from editing it for your personal purpose, but reviewers can enforce his right not to have your edit of his model be on this site.
Your kiddie pool was a very simple and badly edited model, which does not justify it in any way to be approved. Also, please do not compare your models to the models of others. As you said yourself, you are not experienced enough yet expect us to give you some sort of puppy protection. As you have violated the site's guideline and pissed off someone on a person level, you have forfeit your right for said puppy protection.
Also, do you think you are the only having such an idea? How many models out there exist of the same base concept.
Would you have been pissed off if someone created a 'kiddie pool', which was better than yours?

This is not meant as an insult you on a personal level, but is meant for you to learn to follow the rules and not to ignite a greater fire than you possible can extinguish. We are here to treat each other with the respect they deserve - with the prerequisite that no rules, guidelines or interpersonal morals are broken.

Level 5
As stated, my purpose was to make hive better, therefore my uploads, therefore the credits to the authors, so they could get credited if the uploaded models would be used. Simply filling gaps here and giving something back as much a puppy can do. Don't request things you could do yourself.

And I don't see me loosing the civil tone, since I still have great respekt for everyone here doing their job and I think I have stated that many times.
My above questions were honest ones.
If I would have made these models from scratch, perhaps even improve them, while comparing them to the original mesh (that would have been in my capabilities now, even as puppy ^^) and would have uploaded them, well, that would feel like a rip-off even following the rules of this site, wouldn't it?
But I tried, as stated, everything to give credit where credit is due.

And if someone gets pissed because of this while speaking of high moral, then I try to give him a comparison for beeing able to understand his counterpart and for beeing able to treat each other with the respect they deserve.
And I still think, if the above comparison would have occured, he would be pissed, wouldn't you, too?

Level 26
I don't really see why, but I will answer them.

Naturally, knowing your own limitations. You ask the person if he'd be able to help you. You explain what you'd like and give some background information about your project to raise some interest from the person in question. Proper etiquette, in a word. You know you desire something. If you do, you ask.

You ask the modeler if you could use his mesh for the attachment you are in search for, cause you lack of time.
Yet, you didn't ask. It was an afterthought. The bundle you uploaded had been up for two days before you even thought about asking.

This modeler says no and begins instantly to work on his own rubber-duck attachment.
You've already stated that you don't care about credit, therefore by that logic, you shouldn't care. Be happy that usefulness is being added to the community.

Imagine you want to light up a christmas tree. It's in the past and a lightbulb has just been invented. So you break into an inventors house and hang all the lights over the tree. Now, the tree is a fire hazard, the flaws of the work in progress lightbulb is clear as day. You didn't ask if you could borrow the lightbulbs, or if the inventor could make better bulbs more suited to your needs. When your tree bursts into flames, you assume that by not asking, you've done a service to mankind and that you deserve to be rewarded. Your thought process is like that of a spoiled child. Please go to your room and rethink your actions.

Level 5
Yes, sry for my part on this... at least the civil tone is now back in, that is a foundation for further work here on hive. I appreciate it.

Only some notes.
Asking was no afterthought, it was a proposal of a member here. I would have never thought that someone could be against his models beeing spread under his name. That seems to me one of the core motivations to post them here in the first place. There aren't even download-counts lost, cause of the different uses. And as stated it is much better than encountering a "copy" which would have followed the rules.

If I wouldn't have been able to teach/tutorial me the modeling skills for the needed tweaks (it wasn't as easy ^^), I would have made a proper request to an active modeler, but I try to do as much as I can myself before asking someone.

Your christmas comparison has some flaws, too. With the already invented lightbulbs I enlighted my christmas tree quite well, without asking the inventor, but hanging a big sign in front of my window with the inventors name, so everyone could see that his lightbulbs could even be used for christmas trees. Now the inventor is angry, cause he could have made a better chain of lights (nobody hindered him) and branded the "thief".

Most things are based on iteration and inspiration of other things, but using someone else work is still in the right of the original author not yours.
Your statement is understandable, but asking before editing and uploading someone else's model shows that you have respect for the work and for the rules and most importantly for the feelings of said person. By not doing so, you fail to show respect and compassion.

Your wish and right to upload and share resources is not on the same level as the rights of the original authors and the site rules. Personal rights of the original author go hand in hand with site rules and are much stronger. You should respect that.

Again this is a heads-up for you and not meant in any way offensive. This is for you NOT to do the same mistakes over and over again and spare us and you the nerves and time to show you that you did wrong.

Level 5
Sure. Since "I would have never thought that someone could be against..." there is only a one time reminder needed. Minimage could have even done that himself, cause he was linked to his new model upload from the beginning.

€dit: and as long as we are into it: I don't find a dustbin shield attachment on hive and could need one. You know, the lid. Would be a great addition and fitting to the rubbish armor already here :)

Last edited:
Level 26
I'm just about finished with the rubber duck 2.0,

What do you mean by other variants btw? Do you mean like other races?
@Daffa the Mage

I've been thinking, should I add some animations to the rubber ducky and smash it together with the model I use for my goblin workers? Technically if I grant the workers a snazzy swim morph animation, I can make my goblins go from work to play with a quick skip into a lake. Might take a while longer for me to upload though.

goblinrd-png.291974