• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Goblin Tag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Along time ago I finished a map called "Goblin Tag". Now me and my friend Angry_littL_man decided to start improving it and release it again. Well let's get to the point. I re-terrained the whole map and I want to know what you guys think about it. Since it's a tag I will only have doodads at unbuildable places.

I'll post the map and a screenshot over the entire map.

Attachments

• NewTerrain.jpg
    NewTerrain.jpg
    307.4 KB · Views: 218
  • Goblin Tag 1.00.w3x
    362.5 KB · Views: 36
Level 6
I might of sloppily reviewed the map but here's what I noticed...

-I don't understand the pattern in which you put line of sight blockers, they are placed(I guess) on cliffs overlooking flat ground but why is that there, why can't you see down?
-The 'Plant Tree' ability needs new icon and its description has a ' instead of having nothing.
-Goblin Defence Building, the red text says 'on' instead of 'one' and you should have it so that red text is a line below, not a few spaces after, it would look cleaner.
-You should remove the stone ground texture around each building, i think if you didnt have any ground textures for the buildings it would look better.
-Goblin Training Ground building, is its skin i believe, not a good icon.
-Tinker unit requires 2 food out of your 2 food, so does that mean no workers if you have a tinker?
-I think this is unavoidable but when tinker dies he is his morphed robot version.
-Right click eats tree but usually people right click to harvest and when your half way through a harvest you cant manually click the ability to change trees, you'd have to drop off your recourses to change trees to harvest. (very annoying)
-The 'Press G' completed loading screen is unnecessary, why have it? (doesnt work obviously)
-Flame Strike ability hotkey doesn't work.
-Tinker's bash requires the upgrade 'Bash' which is unresearched.
-Antropos demon can't get all his abilities.
-Demon ability Darkwave should create little green vortex at the point you casted it on.
-Lycan can't get all his abilities.
-Nazgel Wraith demon hero should have hero eye of watching ability called Sentinel, you have the Eye of Watching as its research name and Sentinel as learned named.
-Goblin zeppelin seems a little to strong to zerglings... but idk about that one.

I did all this by myself so my experience may have been different with a group of players but your map is very well done, I really like the way you layed the place out, very clean, no mess-ups. I give thumbs up, I mostly found little stuff. Hope I helped.

Level 10
I might of sloppily reviewed the map but here's what I noticed...

-I don't understand the pattern in which you put line of sight blockers, they are placed(I guess) on cliffs overlooking flat ground but why is that there, why can't you see down?
-The 'Plant Tree' ability needs new icon and its description has a ' instead of having nothing.
-Goblin Defence Building, the red text says 'on' instead of 'one' and you should have it so that red text is a line below, not a few spaces after, it would look cleaner.
-You should remove the stone ground texture around each building, i think if you didnt have any ground textures for the buildings it would look better.
-Goblin Training Ground building, is its skin i believe, not a good icon.
-Tinker unit requires 2 food out of your 2 food, so does that mean no workers if you have a tinker?
-I think this is unavoidable but when tinker dies he is his morphed robot version.
-Right click eats tree but usually people right click to harvest and when your half way through a harvest you cant manually click the ability to change trees, you'd have to drop off your recourses to change trees to harvest. (very annoying)
-The 'Press G' completed loading screen is unnecessary, why have it? (doesnt work obviously)
-Flame Strike ability hotkey doesn't work.
-Tinker's bash requires the upgrade 'Bash' which is unresearched.
-Antropos demon can't get all his abilities.
-Demon ability Darkwave should create little green vortex at the point you casted it on.
-Lycan can't get all his abilities.
-Nazgel Wraith demon hero should have hero eye of watching ability called Sentinel, you have the Eye of Watching as its research name and Sentinel as learned named.
-Goblin zeppelin seems a little to strong to zerglings... but idk about that one.

I did all this by myself so my experience may have been different with a group of players but your map is very well done, I really like the way you layed the place out, very clean, no mess-ups. I give thumbs up, I mostly found little stuff. Hope I helped.

Dude, thanks for replying but this was only for the terrain ....

Status
Not open for further replies.