• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Website adds hidden tags automatically

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
I noticed this since the Hive 2. When I try to update the changelog in my map's description, or more specifically when I try to add more text under the hidden tags, the site would automatically add hidden tags at certain places and keep adding it when you try to delete them. Last time this happened was when I copied and pasted the changelog for the latest update for my map Deforestation. I pasted the changelog into the hidden tags that contain the changelogs of all the previous updates, and when I finished, the site automatically separated the last update into separate hidden tags. I then had to rename the new hidden tags to "Changelog - latest update" and the old changelog to "Changelog - previous updates", as you can see in the map description. The cause of this bug might be that there is a limit as to how much text can fit the hidden tags on the new website, or that it adds hidden tags automatically when something is pasted into hidden tags, or due to some unknown bug or feature. I also tried fixing this bug by removing the extra hidden tags with BB Code Editor some time ago, and it would bug after that too.

Level 15
I managed to fix it after removing extra [color and [b tags, but by removing the extra [hidden tags only I hadn't been able to fix it, it would re-add them automatically. This means that this bug wasn't caused because any [hidden tags were missing, but maybe it happens when, for example [b and [color tags end and then begin immediately after it, the site would probably consider those two sections as separate and put them in separate [hidden tags by creating extra [hidden tags, or something like that, like a limit as to how much tags of any kind can be put under [hidden tags, where and how.

Status
Not open for further replies.