• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Goblin Combine - HD Version

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
Goblin Combine
"HD Version"

What takes a long time is finally good!
The next assignment from Kam can be launched
and finally I am ready to upload the HD version
of the Goblin Combine to you here.

Hope it was worth the wait!

Upadte, 19. August:
I took a look at my Orm and made a new one ... but I have no idea where the problem came from because they looked normal on my PC.
Hope this fixed the problem.
I fixed the "random" glitch in the animation, the glitch when holding the unit, I don't know how to go about it ... I have the tank tracks from the Infernal Juggernaut and there is the error too. I put it together in such a way that these are the animation nodes that switch back to their starting position.
And the third point: Yes, a decay animation would not be necessary, but I found it funny. I got the idea from the Alliance siege engine. If that explodes, all that remains are the tires and the roller in front. And i like that more then just a slowly vanishing vehicle. ^^
Previews
Contents

Goblin Combine - HD Version (Model)

Goblin Combine - HD Version_Icons (Icon)

Goblin Combine - HD Version_Portrait (Model)

Reviews
Mr Ogre man
Such an awesome model, I love it. It has 3 flaws, two minor and one that is quite visible. The main issue is that the ORM channels are ****ed up, basically, as they've only retained the colours from the visible layer (making the rest of it white)...
Such an awesome model, I love it. It has 2 minor flaws, though:

The wheels do this weird animation between the keyframes 64534 and 64569, and whenever you move the unit and stop, it's also shown like this. It's a pretty random bug, but it'd be nice if you checked it out.
bug.jpg

The decay animation is not needed for machines. Just make the death animation slowly lose visibility. If you add a decay, make the whole model decay, as currently only the wheels and the face remain.

Such an awesome model, I love it.

It has 3 flaws, two minor and one that is quite visible.
The main issue is that the ORM channels are ****ed up, basically, as they've only retained the colours from the visible layer (making the rest of it white). This makes the model look either slimy or bland. Can you check your ORM files to see if this problem happened during compression?

ormbug.jpg

Also, to nitpick:

The wheels do this weird animation between the keyframes 64534 and 64569, and whenever you move the unit and stop, it's also shown like this. It's a pretty random bug, but it'd be nice if you checked it out.
bug.jpg

The decay animation is not needed for machines. Just make the death animation slowly lose visibility. If you add a decay, make the whole model decay, as currently only the wheels and the face remain.

The ORM channels are white