• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Goblin Civilians

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
I dismounted certain Goblin units and turned them into "villagers"; could be useful for Goblin NPCs/Villagers/stuff.

Animations are taken from the Engineer Gazlowe hidden model

Here's how they look like in game:
Warcraft_III_7_Mar_2022_4_29_28_am.png

Warcraft_III_7_Mar_2022_4_29_40_am.png

Warcraft_III_7_Mar_2022_4_29_51_am.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Warcraft_III_08_05_2022_9_23_54_pm.png

Basic geoset/animation editing by Ardenaso
Advanced geoset/bone editing and facefx fixing by VictorZ (huge thanks for him for that !)

Huge thanks to for Twilac after days/weeks of me bugging her to do stuff related to facefx for me 😅 and to Mr Ogre Man that provided me with a Blaster body with working facefx that allowed to have another discovery for facefx

Update:
03/05/2022: removed unnecessary nodes; Tinker's goggles should no longer blink on and off, added Blaster and Shredder; Gazlowe, Tinker, and Alchemist should now have bouncing ears; Alchemist's hat straps are now two-sided
08/05/2022: added the two Sapper guys, and their "no load" variations
10/06/2022: Alchemist's portrait hat straps are now two-sided; all units' portrait are now a bit more alive
03/11/2022: Alchemist's hat now has team color

Any suggestions/criticisms are appreciated.
Contents

Goblin Civilian Alchemist (Model)

Goblin Civilian Alchemist Portrait (Model)

Goblin Civilian Blaster (Model)

Goblin Civilian Blaster portrait (Model)

Goblin Civilian Gazlowe (Model)

Goblin Civilian Gazlowe Portrait (Model)

Goblin Civilian Sapper A (Model)

Goblin Civilian Sapper A no load (Model)

Goblin Civilian Sapper A no load portrait (Model)

Goblin Civilian Sapper A portrait (Model)

Goblin Civilian Sapper B (Model)

Goblin Civilian Sapper B no load (Model)

Goblin Civilian Sapper B no load portrait (Model)

Goblin Civilian Sapper B portrait (Model)

Goblin Civilian Shredder (Model)

Goblin Civilian Shredder portrait (Model)

Goblin Civilian Tinker (Model)

Goblin Civilian Tinker Portrait (Model)

Level 1
These could make great templates for other types of units: Mages, Rogues, etc. I always love more Goblins!

Level 9
I think the only thing the Goblin civilians could use is some lodging like the troll huts or the gnoll huts which I would think could be done with the existing assets from the Goblin Laboratory and item shop. If I had more experience in modeling I'd attempt to make like 2 or 3 goblins houses/huts. Would be nice to make a small goblin village like the goblin town Ratchet.

Level 12
The Tinker is missing the glass from his goggles. At least in Retera. Can't really check in game because of 1.33.

BTW, a skilled modeller could easily turn that one into a chick. She only needs some tiddies, a long hair, and maybe a less ugly face. All other body proportions would still fit a female goblin.

Attachments

• AAAGobbo.PNG
    AAAGobbo.PNG
    281.4 KB · Views: 12
Level 9
The Tinker is missing the glass from his goggles. At least in Retera. Can't really check in game because of 1.33.

BTW, a skilled modeller could easily turn that one into a chick. She only needs some tiddies, a long hair, and maybe a less ugly face. All other body proportions would still fit a female goblin.
Female Goblins would be ideal so if someone decides to make a little goblin village it won't be such a brodeo.