• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Goblin Bunker House

This bundle is marked as awaiting update. A staff member has requested changes to it before it can be approved.
If you want to make a goblin race, there's a list of suitable models:

(main hall) Great Hall Dertivative OR Goblin Outpost
(tower) Goblin Turret OR Goblin Tower
(barracks) Goblin Barracks OR Goblin Training Center
(hero altar) Goblin Altar
(factory) Laboratory Derivatives
(spellcasters) maybe Spirit Lodge Derivative since goblins can be shamans
(air units) Goblin Airfield
(house/food) Goblin Bunker House OR Burrow Derivative
(shipyard) Blizzard's Goblin Shipyard OR Shipyard Derivative
(upgrade) Goblin Tower
(lumber depot?) Goblin Fuel Pump
(shop) Blizzard's Goblin Merchant OR Temple of Boom

update 25/07/23:
- changed the roof to flat stone
- added one variation with bags
(idk that's what i came up with)
update2:
- added base on both buildings
Previews
Contents

Goblin Bunker House (Model)

Goblin Bunker with Bags (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
The decay animation is faulty. Look at how it is done on Orc buildings. It leaves something behind. Also, the base and the flat top look very bland. Please improve these issues.
Rather similar to some other stuff I've seen on the site.
I don't know which is that other stuff. This model i made from scratch. You want to see the obj file?
Actually what am I saying... this is a semi sphere with 8 sections and 6 slices. Anyone can do it.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
don't know which is that other stuff. This model i made from scratch. You want to see the obj file?
Actually what am I saying... this is a semi sphere with 8 sections and 6 slices. Anyone can do it.
Not saying you might have not done it from scratch. Just pointing it seems to look quite similar to something I remember.
However, I can't find it. My mind may be playing tricks on me.

Can you change the shading of the team colour? solid TC looks bad, try changing it to modulate or smt; also death animation looks weird on viewer, is the same in-game?
it's better in-game

Your idea is actually very goood. Changed it to modulate with unshaded,unfogged

Last edited:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
I agree, this is of a kind which we have seen before, but I don't mind a bit of variety & it's solid (no pun intended). Could use Work anim though, just in case?

I do appreciate the list of potential Goblin models that this fits with in order to flesh out an entire custom Goblin faction; that took some work to compile & I thank you for it.

I agree, this is of a kind which we have seen before, but I don't mind a bit of variety & it's solid (no pun intended). Could use Work anim though, just in case?
a food-providing house building with stand work? What for?

Last edited:
This model does not have a proper 'base'.
Almost all (practically all) buildings have a base that goes from above the ground to way below the ground.
See how it is done on in-game models.
Further more the wrapping on the roof could use some work as well as the general shape. It is very boring.
The shading is also faulty in spots.
Please properly address these issues.