• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Glory of the Horde

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
hi guys

i have been thinking for a long time about making a map for warcraft 3 and if im doing to make one, im going to be serious about it. i wouldnt make a crappy map that you would play ones and then delete, i would make a map that stays fun even after playing it for one hundred times. A map that combines all the good things of warcraft. An ultimate map in short. well, to make such a map, you would have to know what all the good things of warcraft are, and for me thats these:

#1: Storyline: we all know that warcraft has a beautyfull storyline, even better that that of for example "Lord of the Rings" to just name one...

#2: multiplayer: warcraft 3 has about one of the best online multiplayer modes ever seen in the PC gaming industry. You just cant grow tired of kicking other players butts on bnet :p.

#3: believable graphics and gameplay: anyone who has never wished in theyre life that they could do magic is not human by my oppinion xD, And having a kewl game that allows you to enter a vast believable world of mystisism and beauty is about the next best thing right?

Now the only question that remains is how to make a map that combines these three into one orgy of game fun.

well my idea is to make an online multiplayer RPG/RTS crossover that features the storyline of the shadow council (the group of warlocks, necrolytes and dark shamans that was founded by Gul'dan and Ner'zul pre warcraft 1). every player would be a council member leading the orcish horde into azeroth. the host can also allow players to play with characters such as Gul'dan, Ner'zul, Cho'gall the Ogremage and Teron Gorefiend (a deathknight from warcraft 2 expantion). the map will follow the story of the shadow council from before the storyline of warcraft 1 and until the beginning of WoW. Featured areas would be shadowmoon valley, hellfire penninsula, the Black morass/Blasted lands, deadwind pass, duskwood, elwynn forrest, redridge mountains and burning steppes.

I would really want to know if you like this map as much as i do, before im going to put all my recreational time into it, so any critisism is welcome, but compliments are more welcome xD!!!

*edit: i have made up some minor additions to my map. nothing spectaculair, but its all down to the details eh?

1: a loot system that is similar to that of wow. kill a monster and he drops a ward controlled by you that holds items that you can loot from it.

2: a food system that allows you to control your health and mana regeneration by eating food and drinking water.

3: when you advance to the point in the storyline where orgrim doomhammer slaughters the shadow council, all council members turn in to deathknights, just like in the real storyline.

4: a threat system that controls if creeps attack you or flee according to how much damage you are dealing

5: i was thinking of maybe adding shattrath city and the scryers and the aldor*

Work finished:
Terraining: 30%
Triggers: 0%
Quest and chapter disign: 15%
Models and skins (not making em myself): 50%

Last edited:
Level 2
for some reason the screenshots i uploaded arent visible in the thread. if anyone knows how to change this, plz pm me omg im such a n00b xD.

Level 16
Please read the rules. "Read it from here *link*", is not accepted even if its on hive. If you are too lazy to rewrite, then take note of this handy trick im going to teach you: paint the text you want to copy, hit ctrl + c, paste the text by hitting ctrl + v.

Level 2
Please read the rules. "Read it from here *link*", is not accepted even if its on hive. If you are too lazy to rewrite, then take note of this handy trick im going to teach you: paint the text you want to copy, hit ctrl + c, paste the text by hitting ctrl + v.

im very sorry and wondering why i didnt think of copy-pasting omg xD. well anyway ive edited my first post adding the consept, sorry guys...

Level 2
Here are some screenshots of the terrain i have done so far. it took me a while o figure out how to upload them x(. i will add more later.

The horde at the portal:
darkportalsz8.png

Karazhan:
karazhanry7.png

Status
Not open for further replies.