• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Gladiator Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I need to request help on several ESSENTIAL trigger processes that will be the backbone to my map. I'm making a gladiator map just like the starcraft version and I need to know these major things:

First off I need to be able to randomly generate groups of units that players will be abled to fight with in the arena. I know nothing about randomness when it comes to triggers and values so please help! EDIT: I've figured this out for the most part.

Secondly, I need to know how to get a betting system up as I can't figure out/comprehend how to store any info such as how much a player has bet and who he/she has bet on. Learning about how to create a leaderboard for this would also be fantastic!

Thirdly, and not so majorly I need to know how to open a gate and how to maybe make a skill cost gold? Or at least be unusable if you have no gold kinda thing. AKA a bet maybe.

EDIT: A new problem I'm running into is a way to go about looping " rounds " of the arena, mostly getting a trigger to recognize when a player has defeated all others in the arena.​

Please please please, this map has a very basic idea and should be very easy for me to complete once I know how to do these key things. Thanks again guys for all your help its greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Level 3
when i search all i find are more people asking the same questions and more people like you telling them to search for the answers lol............ awesome

i'm not trying to be a douche, just being real

Level 3
could you explain more about the betting system,
what are they betting on
can they bet any amount
what happens when they win the bet
and any other specifics you can think of

Level 3
End Round

I had to create a basic map with rounds, some of the conditions for the trigger may need to be modified for your map, but it should give you a basic outline of how to make rounds end, the trigger is in the attached map, i think everything is labeled clearly, but if you have any questions please ask.

Attachments

• helpgladiator.w3x
    21.1 KB · Views: 47
Status
Not open for further replies.