• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Some 'cheap' triggers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I'm working on a map I haven't worked on in 2 years, and the triggers just confuse me a little.

This map is going to be both arena and rpg style.
After writing it out, I was able to get most of it to work, however I need a way to make the screen go dark for 5 seconds, and make the little ping noise go off. HOW?

How I want the trigger1arena to work:

Light blue is not a player, then default is -arena combat has been enabled.
Light blue is a player and types text -arena then a dialog displays to all players. Arena mode initailizing...
Screen goes dark for 5 seconds.
Battle Ready! Arena mode complete!

How I want trigger1rpg to work:

Light blue is a player and types text -rpg then a dialog displays to all players. Setting up RPG mode...
Screen goes dark for 5 seconds.
RPG mode complete, please select your character.

Level 9
And this is what I have:

arena
Events
Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -arena as An exact match
Conditions
Actions
Game - Display to (All players) the text: Arena Mode Initiali...
Wait 5.00 seconds
Game - Display to (All players) for 30.00 seconds the text: Battle Ready! Arena...

rpg
Events
Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -rpg as An exact match
Conditions
Actions
Game - Display to (All players) the text: Setting up Rolepla...
Wait 5.00 seconds
Game - Display to (All players) the text: RPG mode complete,...

//At the moment the only differences between the two modes is a few Display to All text triggers that were made specifically to go off at timed intervals only when RPG mode is active.//

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.