• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Dialog Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
With the deadline of the contest comming up I'm busy making alot of triggers.
This time I need some help with the dialogs.

At start player1red can select if they want to see the cinematic, then player1red can select health and after that xp rate.
When he wants to see cinematic all the dialogs after it work just fine, when player1red selects not to see the cinematic the whole thing bugs out on me, not showing any of the dialogs and only a small message telling me the difficulty for xp was set to 110%.

They are kinda big because I didn't rly much care to make them small, and I just can't find the bug, perhaps you can shine some light into this problem?

• Difficulty Settings
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.01 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Cinematic - Apply a filter over 0.01 seconds using Normal blending on texture Black Mask, starting with color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) and 100.00% transparency and ending with color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) and 0.00% transparency
      • Cinematic - Disable user control for (All players)
      • Cinematic - Enable user control for Player Group - Player 1 (Red)
      • Dialog - Change the title of Dialog to Cinematic
      • Dialog - Create a dialog button for Dialog labelled Yes
      • Set DialogButton[1] = (Last created dialog Button)
      • Dialog - Create a dialog button for Dialog labelled No
      • Set DialogButton[2] = (Last created dialog Button)
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Dialog - Show Dialog for Player 1 (Red)
  • Dialog Button 1 Cinematic
    • Events
      • Dialog - A dialog button is clicked for Dialog
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Clicked dialog button) Equal to DialogButton[1]
        • Then - Actions
          • Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode On for (All players)
          • Sound - Play Tragic Confrontation
          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (PlayerColor[1] + After the clash between Ius and Doradar the second age of men came to an end, and the third age begon.)
          • Wait 6.00 seconds
          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (PlayerColor[1] + Now, 10 years later, the war torn land is being rebuild.)
          • Wait 6.00 seconds
          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (PlayerColor[1] + The main capitol was rebuild on top of the old ruins, but that was a huge mistake.)
          • Wait 6.00 seconds
          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (PlayerColor[1] + While digging to make the main foundation they stumbled upon an old catacomb.)
          • Wait 6.00 seconds
          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (PlayerColor[1] + But this catacomb wasn´t empty, you could hear tormenting screams.)
          • Wait 6.00 seconds
          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (PlayerColor[1] + After a long search in the library that contained archives of the second age, a small group of scholars stumbled upon a horrible discovery.)
          • Wait 6.00 seconds
          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (PlayerColor[1] + Deep within the catacombs, an old relic is hidden. This relic has the power to bring back the dead.)
          • Wait 5.00 seconds
          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (PlayerColor[1] + In order to ensure the savety of the capitol a small group of brave heroes entered the catacombs to find and destroy this relic....)
          • Wait 10.00 seconds
          • Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode Off for Player Group - Player 1 (Red)
          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (PlayerColor[10] + _______________________________________________)
          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (PlayerColor[10] + (Please wait while + ((Name of Player 1 (Red)) + selects the game settings.)))
          • Dialog - Clear Dialog
          • Dialog - Change the title of Dialog to Dungeon Health
          • Dialog - Create a dialog button for Dialog labelled Easy (90% Health)
          • Set DialogButton[3] = (Last created dialog Button)
          • Dialog - Create a dialog button for Dialog labelled Normal (100% Health...
          • Set DialogButton[4] = (Last created dialog Button)
          • Dialog - Create a dialog button for Dialog labelled Hard (110% Health)
          • Set DialogButton[5] = (Last created dialog Button)
          • Wait 2.00 seconds
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Clicked dialog button) Equal to DialogButton[2]
            • Then - Actions
              • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (PlayerColor[10] + _______________________________________________)
              • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (PlayerColor[10] + (Please wait while + ((Name of Player 1 (Red)) + selects the game settings.)))
              • Dialog - Clear Dialog
              • Dialog - Change the title of Dialog to Dungeon Health
              • Dialog - Create a dialog button for Dialog labelled Easy (90% Health)
              • Set DialogButton[3] = (Last created dialog Button)
              • Dialog - Create a dialog button for Dialog labelled Normal (100% Health...
              • Set DialogButton[4] = (Last created dialog Button)
              • Dialog - Create a dialog button for Dialog labelled Hard (110% Health)
              • Set DialogButton[5] = (Last created dialog Button)
              • Wait 2.00 seconds
            • Else - Actions
Oh lol don't mind the cinematic I didn't work on that enough.. xD
  • Dialog Button 2 Difficulty
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Clicked dialog button) Equal to DialogButton[3]
        • Then - Actions
          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (PlayerColor[10] + The dungeon monsters will have 90% health. (Easy))
          • Player - Set Player 12 (Brown) handicap to 90.00%
          • Dialog - Clear Dialog
          • Dialog - Change the title of Dialog to XP Rate
          • Dialog - Create a dialog button for Dialog labelled High (110% XP)
          • Set DialogButton[6] = (Last created dialog Button)
          • Dialog - Create a dialog button for Dialog labelled Normal (100% XP)
          • Set DialogButton[7] = (Last created dialog Button)
          • Dialog - Create a dialog button for Dialog labelled Hard (90% XP)
          • Set DialogButton[8] = (Last created dialog Button)
          • Wait 2.00 seconds
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Clicked dialog button) Equal to DialogButton[4]
            • Then - Actions
              • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (PlayerColor[10] + The dungeon monsters will have 100% health. (Normal))
              • Player - Set Player 12 (Brown) handicap to 100.00%
              • Dialog - Clear Dialog
              • Wait 2.00 seconds
            • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Clicked dialog button) Equal to DialogButton[5]
                • Then - Actions
                  • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (PlayerColor[10] + The dungeon monsters will have 110% health. (Hard))
                  • Player - Set Player 12 (Brown) handicap to 110.00%
                  • Dialog - Clear Dialog
                  • Wait 2.00 seconds
                • Else - Actions
  • Dialog Button 3 Xp Rate
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Clicked dialog button) Equal to DialogButton[6]
        • Then - Actions
          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (PlayerColor[10] + The XP rate will be 110%. (High))
          • Hero - Make Player 1 (Red) Heroes gain 110.00% experience from future kills
          • Hero - Make Player 2 (Blue) Heroes gain 110.00% experience from future kills
          • Hero - Make Player 3 (Teal) Heroes gain 110.00% experience from future kills
          • Hero - Make Player 4 (Purple) Heroes gain 110.00% experience from future kills
          • Wait 2.00 seconds
          • Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode Off for (All players)
          • Cinematic - Enable user control for (All players)
          • Cinematic - Hide filter
          • Wait 10.00 seconds
          • Game - Display to (All players) for 15.00 seconds the text: (PlayerColor[5] + ________________________)
          • Game - Display to (All players) for 15.00 seconds the text: (PlayerColor[5] + [First Boss - Skeleton Lord] Made by levigeorge1617)
          • Game - Display to (All players) for 15.00 seconds the text: (PlayerColor[5] + [Dark Mage - Bloodelf Wizard] Made by General Frank)
          • Game - Display to (All players) for 15.00 seconds the text: (PlayerColor[5] + [Holy Knight - Bloodelf Paladin] Made by General Frank)
          • Game - Display to (All players) for 15.00 seconds the text: (PlayerColor[5] + [Sword Master - Bloodelf Champion] Made by General Frank)
          • Game - Display to (All players) for 15.00 seconds the text: (PlayerColor[5] + ________________________)
          • Game - Display to (All players) for 15.00 seconds the text: (PlayerColor[5] + This map is presented to you by Airandius and Kewlthis.)
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Clicked dialog button) Equal to DialogButton[7]
            • Then - Actions
              • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (PlayerColor[10] + The XP rate will be 100%. (Normal))
              • Hero - Make Player 1 (Red) Heroes gain 100.00% experience from future kills
              • Hero - Make Player 2 (Blue) Heroes gain 100.00% experience from future kills
              • Hero - Make Player 3 (Teal) Heroes gain 100.00% experience from future kills
              • Hero - Make Player 4 (Purple) Heroes gain 100.00% experience from future kills
              • Wait 2.00 seconds
              • Wait 10.00 seconds
              • Game - Display to (All players) for 15.00 seconds the text: (PlayerColor[5] + Credits:)
              • Game - Display to (All players) for 15.00 seconds the text: (PlayerColor[5] + [First Boss - Skeleton Lord] Made by levigeorge1617)
              • Game - Display to (All players) for 15.00 seconds the text: (PlayerColor[5] + [Dark Mage - Bloodelf Wizard] Made by General Frank)
              • Game - Display to (All players) for 15.00 seconds the text: (PlayerColor[5] + [Holy Knight - Bloodelf Paladin] Made by General Frank)
              • Game - Display to (All players) for 15.00 seconds the text: (PlayerColor[5] + [Sword Master - Bloodelf Champion] Made by General Frank)
              • Game - Display to (All players) for 15.00 seconds the text: (PlayerColor[5] + This map is presented to you by Airandius and Kewlthis.)
            • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Clicked dialog button) Equal to DialogButton[8]
                • Then - Actions
                  • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (PlayerColor[10] + The XP rate will be 90%. (Hardl))
                  • Hero - Make Player 1 (Red) Heroes gain 90.00% experience from future kills
                  • Hero - Make Player 2 (Blue) Heroes gain 90.00% experience from future kills
                  • Hero - Make Player 3 (Teal) Heroes gain 90.00% experience from future kills
                  • Hero - Make Player 4 (Purple) Heroes gain 90.00% experience from future kills
                  • Wait 2.00 seconds
                  • Wait 10.00 seconds
                  • Game - Display to (All players) for 15.00 seconds the text: (PlayerColor[5] + Credits:)
                • Else - Actions
+ rep for the finder! xD

Level 17
Well, when I say that cinematic is good, he starts running cinematic just fine.
When it ends it will just proceed the way I want it.
I made it do the same for when he clicks no but just removed the cinematic. But then it wont work, and I'm rly like damn why wont it work! xD

So your comment wasn't rly usefull since I know I did something wrong at a point but I just can't find where.. :p That's why I posted them triggerz xD.
Please help me look cause I looked over these triggers for 10x now.. xD

Level 3
I have an idea, why don't you try removing some of the variables?That is, disable this trigger and make a new one that's the same only with a very simple test word, it would be much easier to find the problem then!You could also seperate dialog from anything having to do with anything else to isolate the triggers from each other, this means that when one goes wrong you'll have a relitivley small amount of events conditions and actions to search through.

Level 17
There is no valid reason for this trigger not to work Rock_Golem :p
I don't need to check the event because the event is always the same, besides the same kinda of way in making dialogs was used in an other map and it worked just fine.

I also double checked the conditions, they are all fine. And I also double checked every single action.
It's just wierd, when I make it watch the cinematic all the dialogs after it work fine.
But when I click no, the whole thing bugs out on me, even though it's the same as the other trigger (with ofcourse a different condition for the no button).

Don't know what's wrong with it but I changed the trigger to no longer use arrays. I made a variable for each button and dialog, not very efficient but at least it works now. -.-

EDIT: You said using test messages, well if you looked closely you would see that all triggers show a text when it works properly. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.