• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Give Gold Trigger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
very very very simple -

open the trigger panel and create a new trigger.

event - map initialization. (assuming you just want this to happen when the map begins)

actions - change player (yellow) property to (arithmetic->)player yellow property + 5000.

that's it. (not sure in exactly those words, but that should be enough to help you easily find the right GUI commands)

If you want to mod I strongly suggest that you learn to create basic triggers by yourself, and being as this is as basic as it gets, it's a great place to start from... good luck!

Level 18
Thank you for your reply this works but doesn't really trade gold it needs to reduce one players gold and increase another players good the same amount. very well aware of how to create triggers but was just looking for a quick copy paste.

Edit: might as well not reply if ur going to pretty much say "figure it out yourself" just wasting space

Last edited:
Level 18
1619943217779.png

Level 21
glad to see you figured it out. you might want to add a condition that checks if the giving player has the amount of gold he is giving. otherwise this is highly abusable (can be used to generate endless gold). also this currently adds to both of them.

Level 20
I don't think this trigger is going to work - like, it shouldn't even fire, because once he tries to include any value in the command, the entered string is no longer going to be "an exact match" of the one that specified in the event (should use the "A substring" argument instead).

And he's attempting to convert the entire command string to an integer, which as far as I know should return "0" (should specify a substring that only contains numbers, so that it can be converted to an integer).

And all the substrings he uses in conditions appear wrong and should make each return false (should specify correct start - end values).

Last edited:
Level 21
Did he, though?

I assumed that his post meant "this is what I did and it works" as there was no additional text to help decipher the purpose of the message...:grin: I may have not paid much attention to detail after that...

the string isn't going to be "an exact match"
the event says "contains" not that it's the only thing in it. so it's not so strange to assume that would work. It's been a while since I played around with that function so I'll take your word for it...

Not to mention that he's attempting to convert an entire command to an integer, which to my knowledge will return 0 and as far as I can tell, every single substring he uses is wrong.
😅

Level 20
Yeah, I edited my post to include some tips for him - he claims that he's "very well aware of how to make triggers", so I trust this will be enough :p

I may have not paid much attention to detail after that...
That's what I assumed - happens to the best of us :)

the event says "contains" not that it's the only thing in it. so it's not so strange to assume that would work.
I've tested it and it doesn't work. And logically, the other argument you can use with this event is "A substring", so that clearly covers "what you put here must be a part of the message" concept, hence "An exact match" can only mean that what the message contains must be the exact match to what was specified.

But yeah, GUI being confusing - who would have thought? :D

Last edited:
Level 18
1619974499025.png

Does anyone have productive comments? If you are simply here to mock my triggering, please do not respond. I thought this was the world editor help zone?

Attachments

• 1619974143900.png
    1619974143900.png
    15.7 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Level 21
Does anyone have productive comments? If you are simply here to mock my triggering, please do not respond. I thought this was the world editor help zone?

I am kind of confused by this. I have been trying help you this whole time. master blaster also added tips on how to improve your code.

you still have not done a lot of what we suggested above, so I'm not exactly sure why you keep posting pretty much the same trigger without specifying what your problem is. Try being more specific and maybe less hostile.

when I have time later maybe I can just make this for you, but I'm having a hard time understanding how asking for help goes together with being snappy.

we are trying to help you.

also, check the bottom of this to see how to post your triggers: BB codes

Level 18
I am kind of confused by this. I have been trying help you this whole time. master blaster also added tips on how to improve your code.

you still have not done a lot of what we suggested above, so I'm not exactly sure why you keep posting pretty much the same trigger without specifying what your problem is. Try being more specific and maybe less hostile.

when I have time later maybe I can just make this for you, but I'm having a hard time understanding how asking for help goes together with being snappy.

we are trying to help you.

also, check the bottom of this to see how to post your triggers: BB codes
nearly 5 paragraphs and nothing relevant

Someone already wrote a system for this years back as I linked above. Several maps also implemented variations of this exact system. It will need some changes to fit your exact need (string check opposed to integer check) though.

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 26
- asks for simple trigger.
  • gets an answer
  • thanks but says there's more into it but doesn't do it himself. Claims to be very well how to make triggers. Proceeds to to make 2 obvious beginner mistakes.
  • gets corrected and tips to improve.
  • angry mad man on the loose.
I thought this was the world editor help zone?
This isn't the world editor stuck up zone. We don't spoonfeed people. There's already a lot of information out there how to do stuff. You were clearly so aware of creating triggers that needed help for such a basic thing, you don't even want to help yourself, you just want the enjoyment of being entitled and mad.
1620041304490.png

Hey genious, what is this condition for if you already know that the player has to type "-give yellow" from the event? WOW, who could have seen THAT! So aware of triggers, absolute baboon.
You deserve some spanking in house for treating others this poorly. Nearly the only one unproductive was you, how ironic. You simply don't want, and refuse to learn.
PS: I'm very aware I was harsh, but you needed to hear it.

Last edited:

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Come on guys.

Gnuoy, you are ignoring all advice that requires tiny amounts of work. You will not get anywhere in life unless you take responsibility. If necessary, read all posts twice, wait 24 hours and read them again. It's evident to me that you have taken less than half of the advice posted here.

Wrda, you are harsh and offensive to a point where any recipient of your message will ignore the merit of your message because of the attitude of your post.

Now, let's all shake hands and move on in a productive manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.