• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ghoul Blood v3

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This game is based off StarCraft's Zergling Blood, very similiar concept.

Ingame Quests read the basics and units available:

-----------------------------------------

These are the basics of the game.

Every 5 seconds you get a ghoul spawned at your ziggurat. You use the Massers in the Bottom Right corner.

Moving your small spirit onto a beacon will move all your ghouls and heroes to the color (gray being middle).

Your main objective is for you and your teammate to eliminate the other teams (2 Players per Team, 4 teams)

Note: There are no victory/defeat triggers, leave whenever you want to, I do this so that if the players want to chat after the game is over they may do so instead of searching up each players names after-game.

There are five heroes so far in the Game, both can be summoned at the Crypt, later versions more units may be added.

The Super Ghoul is the first hero in the Crypt, double HP, +2 damage but no healing, it takes the same upgrades as the normal ghoul.

The Death Knight is a hero that actually uses levels! (Oh my god! No way!) The Death Knight uses auras and no offensive skills or any ultimate. That may be for later heroes.

The Angel of Death is the ONLY air unit, and can be pretty useful when you finally get one, expensive, useful.

The Abomination is a large unit, cleaving attack, massive HP and damage. Can be very helpful in large situations.

The Destroyer Abomination is like the Infested Terran in StarCraft. Or also the Goblin Sapper, its just one big suicide bomber.

Use wisley.

The Crypt is what summons the heroes into the Battlefield, they all cost gold and can be EXTREMLEY useful early or even later in the game.

The Graveyard is just like it is in Melee games, the upgrade-center. It can upgrade the HP of the Death Knight once, plus the Ghoul Upgrades available both to the hero and unit (discluding Death Knight).

That concludes the quests ingame.

The only credits I can give is to Hubcool, for always being a great guy and helping everyone (including me) get our Loading Screens done right. Thanks Hubcool!

The triggers are simple, but can be tricky at first I admit, took me four days just to get the triggers right. Terrain is simple and easy to get around with..

Teams are in two's.

I'd like to point out in the first quest it says:

Note: There are no victory/defeat triggers, leave whenever you want to, I do this so that if the players want to chat after the game is over they may do so instead of searching up each players names after-game.

Updates:

New units (Meat Wagon, Invisible Ghoul)
New Tower (Photon Cannon)
Fixed Red and Blue shared bug
New loading screen
Quests still not finished.

Keywords:
StarCraft WarCraft Ghoul Blood Undead Units Mass War
Contents

Ghoul Blood v3 (Map)

Reviews
09:40, 7th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 14
Hmm i shall take a look, i will edit this.

EDIT: Well then.

The map's idea was pretty cool, but i think the map needs some improvements.
The terrain's tile variation was okay, but the terrain itself needs more trees, enviroment, doodads, hills, water and stuff.
Also, the map needs different modes, like FFA, 4v4.
The Mass Mover was a nice addition, it helps a lot commanding the troops.
It was lagless even with huge troops, that's a good thing.
The map was balanced. good work.

A thing about closed slots. The closed slots have units spawning in their place, it can be pretty annoying, you should put a system that removes leavers / non players.

BUGS: Well sometimes i couldn't move my Death Knight, is that because of too much units or something?

Suggestions: Maybe add a Necromancer that can resurrect dead ghouls (like 10).

Rating: It was pretty fun. Hmm. I'd say 3/5 and vote for Approval.

Last edited:
Level 18
Thank you for the review..

I haven't experienced that Death Knight problem.. I'll look into it.

You should of seen when the ghouls weren't half sized, and I had it originally spawn every 2 seconds, it was lag-hell.

The shop in the middle has a ressurection scroll, so the Necromancer would kinda nulify it a bit and make the item useless, unless I take it out.

..should of mentioned this is like, version two.

Edit (Caught myself from Double Posting, wooho!)
I had problems with the Closed slot, i'll be experimenting.. unless someone tells me how to do it. I have it already set so where someone leaves the trigger is disabled and they loose their buildings.
Death Knight problem I still don't get... what did you do before it happened?
Upgrades being added.
Terrain has hills...
The modes will be implented later, I want people to get the concept first.

Last edited:
Level 14
Thank you for the review..

I haven't experienced that Death Knight problem.. I'll look into it.

You should of seen when the ghouls weren't half sized, and I had it originally spawn every 2 seconds, it was lag-hell.

The shop in the middle has a ressurection scroll, so the Necromancer would kinda nulify it a bit and make the item useless, unless I take it out.

..should of mentioned this is like, version two.

Edit (Caught myself from Double Posting, wooho!)
I had problems with the Closed slot, i'll be experimenting.. unless someone tells me how to do it. I have it already set so where someone leaves the trigger is disabled and they loose their buildings.
Death Knight problem I still don't get... what did you do before it happened?
Upgrades being added.
Terrain has hills...
The modes will be implented later, I want people to get the concept first.

For the what did you do question: I played normally, upgraded ghouls blah blah. But i had huge army of ghouls fighting though.

For the Closed Slot, i think there is a Event/Condition like ''Player 1 is not playing'' thing.