• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ghaddafi is dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Muammar Gaddafi – the dictator who ruled Libya with an iron fist for nearly 42 years before being driven from power in a bloody uprising – has been killed as he tried to flee his hometown of Sirte.

There were conflicting reports of how he was killed – there were initial reports that he was killed in a gun battle, but NATO has since confirmed it hit a convoy of Gaddafi loyalists fleeing Sirte on Thursday. It could not say whether the former Libyan leader was in the convoy, Associated Press reported.

Libyan TV showed pictures last night of what it said was the bloodied body of the dictator.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/gaddafi-is-dead-20111021-1mao8.html#ixzz1bLVuhu9j

That's good news if you ask me, but.. Gaddafi was begging to them who found him to let him live, but they killed him :/ that was not nice in my opinion.

EDIT: 300 posts, u mad?

Last edited:

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Hey you. That's right, you.

I bet you're one of those people who live in constant amazement of conspiratorial wiseassery and otherwise self-righteous fuck the government idealisms.
You just can't wait to crack this thread wide open to gargle the ill-founded surmises and sink your teeth into the vast stream of lulzy reaction images, can you?

Is the wait literally killing you?
- Well, you need wait no more, this entire debate is actually long since available right here for your reading pleasure.

And remember you rascals - if you want matter, not patter, turn to uncle fladder.

Level 18

I bet you're one of those people who live in constant amazement of conspiratorial wiseassery and otherwise self-righteous fuck the government idealisms.
You just can't wait to crack this thread wide open to gargle the ill-founded surmises and sink your teeth into the vast stream of lulzy reaction images, can you?

- Well, you need wait no more, this entire debate is actually long since available right here for your reading pleasure.

And remember you rascals - if you want matter, not patter, turn to uncle fladder.

silly westerner

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
silly westerner
Muammar Gaddafi – the dictator who ruled Libya with an iron fist for nearly 42 years before being driven from power in a bloody uprising – has been killed as he tried to flee his hometown of Sirte.

There were conflicting reports of how he was killed – there were initial reports that he was killed in a gun battle, but NATO has since confirmed it hit a convoy of Gaddafi loyalists fleeing Sirte on Thursday. It could not say whether the former Libyan leader was in the convoy, Associated Press reported.

Libyan TV showed pictures last night of what it said was the bloodied body of the dictator.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/gaddafi-is-dead-20111021-1mao8.html#ixzz1bLVuhu9j

That's good news if you ask me, but.. Gaddafi was begging to them who found him to let him live, but they killed him :/ that was not nice in my opinion.

EDIT: 300 posts, u mad?
Finally.

Chuck Norris was responsible, DUH!

I guess O.I.L. is accomplished now
silly westerner
You don't have to fully quote a post if you're not directly responding to or dissecting its content.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Al kaida gets the people (you dont think that nato supplyed all the rebels).
Libya supplied itself with weapons. They simply used the vast caches of weapons that Ghaddafi accumilated against him.

I find it sick how people can celebrate his death like they are. He was captured and was in cusddidy and they just executed him in an inhuman way without even a trial. Everyone who dares celerbrate such a barbaric act should go to prision. The rebals are officially as bad as Ghaddafi now.

Remember to keep this thread civil guys, unlike pretty much every other thread on any modern important political or economic happening.

trolman said:
silly westerner

1300683966974s.jpg

Who needs to actually back up their statements when you can just spit out a silly cliche response like that, that's exactly the sort of thing I'm talking about.

Level 7
Was his execution not illegal, by U.N Human Rights standards, hence the investigation they are carrying out? Administration of capital punishment is done methodically - a single bullet to the head, or something similar. From the photos I have seen of his bloodied body, he appeared to be beaten to death, and then paraded around. Even against an autocratic dictator that dealt much harm, that's sick.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
His comment was so dumb I saw no need to post anything topic related,exept I stated my amuse of the western culture and how strong its propaganda is
Oops, oh my. Burn on me.

You know what, hosay? You're the thickest worm ever to egress from a methylmercury-exposed wormfarm. Want to hear the kicker? I don't even need a smug sense of moral superiority to tell. The symptoms are fairly self-evident. But you don't care, do you? From a mere glance you seem obsessed with the notion of being arrogantly spiteful to the point where people don't even bother smearing your face in your own stupidity. The best part is, I haven't even given the slightest inclination of an actual opinion on the matter yet.

So... America and UN helps rebels in Libya, but no one helps actual Africa.... I wonder why
Actual Africa?

Level 8
America and nato get the oil.

USA wasn't in it for the oil, they wanted revenge for the Lockerbie bombings, or at least I think that's how some Americans viewed it. I don't know what Obama was thinking, but it's not oil. USA doesn't get much oil from Libya, nor do they need too. They have Canada, who already supplies the majority of their oil.

Yet people frequently ignore these little facts because, USA is just a big oil loving imperialist, attacking poor defenseless Arab countries to steal their oil. *Rolls eyes*

As for Europe, if anything they were in it for the oil. Europe is who's buying Libya's oil, not USA. And if they bought oil from Libya, thus funding Gaddafi so he could slaughter his people, then Europe would become the new definition of hypocrisy. How would Europe be able to criticize America for supporting dictators and whatnot if they funded Gaddafi via oil revenues.
Al kaida gets the people (you dont think that nato supplyed all the rebels)

The group is called Al Qaeda, bud. And they are a non factor. AQ is the mockery of the terrorist world, they have no credibility anymore.

I suggest you read this thread. http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1674886&highlight=qaeda#post1674886

It provides an excellent overview of Al-Qaeda's current standings.

And NATO did not supply them with arms, they just provided air support. Without us there would be tens of thousands of dead Libyans littering the desert.

Libya gets shit and everybody wins...right?

Actually the Libyan people win. They just got the right to decide their own future, rather than having to be under the foot of Gaddafi. I hope they are able to form a free Democratic society, the world doesn't need another tyrannical dictatorship or Islamic Theocracy.

Oops, oh my. Burn on me.

You know what, hosay? You're the thickest worm ever to egress from a methylmercury-exposed wormfarm. Want to hear the kicker? I don't even need a smug sense of moral superiority to tell. The symptoms are fairly self-evident. But you don't care, do you? From a mere glance you seem obsessed with the notion of being arrogantly spiteful to the point where people don't even bother smearing your face in your own stupidity. The best part is, I haven't even given the slightest inclination of an actual opinion on the matter yet.

+ Rep.

wait wat, LIBYA IS AFRICA?

Hehehe

But with regard to the west not helping Africa. Just take a look at how much foreign aid USA gives out to the world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_foreign_aid

I count 14 African countries.

USA wasn't in it for the oil, they wanted revenge for the Lockerbie bombings, or at least I think that's how some Americans viewed it. I don't know what Obama was thinking, but it's not oil. USA doesn't get much oil from Libya, nor do they need too. They have Canada, who already supplies the majority of their oil.

Yet people frequently ignore these little facts because, USA is just a big oil loving imperialist, attacking poor defenseless Arab countries to steal their oil. *Rolls eyes*

As for Europe, if anything they were in it for the oil. Europe is who's buying Libya's oil, not USA. And if they bought oil from Libya, thus funding Gaddafi so he could slaughter his people, then Europe would become the new definition of hypocrisy. How would Europe be able to criticize America for supporting dictators and whatnot if they funded Gaddafi via oil revenues.

Lockerbie is Scotland, no USA. And that was the response of 1986 attacks on Libya. And if not for oil, what they went for? Libyan sand is especially known to contain high of silicon, good for building computers (LOL)... really, the attack commenced as soon Ghadafi said he will sell oil only to Russia and China. There is economic crisis and war is the best way to get rid of creditors. Yes, it's european countries too involved, fortunately some like Poland realized what is actually going on.

And NATO did not supply them with arms, they just provided air support. Without us there would be tens of thousands of dead Libyans littering the desert.

Air support causes most deaths because poor precision. And apparently rebels weren't so numerous after all, if needed such abundant help from outside. And what is the main purpose of democracy? Leadership of majority.

Actually the Libyan people win. They just got the right to decide their own future, rather than having to be under the foot of Gaddafi. I hope they are able to form a free Democratic society, the world doesn't need another tyrannical dictatorship or Islamic Theocracy.

They have right to decide anything as long the oil goes to the right hands (which are not russian or chinese).

Level 8
Lockerbie is Scotland, no USA. And that was the response of 1986 attacks on Libya.

And of the 270 victims, 189 were American. And Operation El Dorado Canyon was the result of Gaddafi bombing a Berlin nightclub, killing Us troops and innocent civilians. Gaddafi started this mess. Not USA

And if not for oil, what they went for? Libyan sand is especially known to contain high of silicon, good for building computers (LOL)... really, the attack commenced as soon Ghadafi said he will sell oil only to Russia and China. There is economic crisis and war is the best way to get rid of creditors. Yes, it's european countries too involved, fortunately some like Poland realized what is actually going on.

Yes it is for oil, but it's the Europeans that are in it for oil, USA is in it for revenge, and my country, Canada is there because we believe in humanitarian intervention, which is everyone else's secondary justification.

Air support causes most deaths because poor precision.

Clearly you have absolutely no understanding of modern military technology then, because NATO's airstrikes have been exceedingly accurate. It's raised the bar for minimizing collateral damage.

And apparently rebels weren't so numerous after all, if needed such abundant help from outside. And what is the main purpose of democracy? Leadership of majority.

That's horrible logic. The majority do want Gaddafi gone, but that doesn't mean that they'll be able to win.

Think about it in small terms, who's going to win in a fight, 1 professional soldier, or 2 guys who just picked up an AK-47 and decided to fight?

They needed a lot of help because the rebels were ill trained, ill disciplined and ill equipped. Many of the rebels were more interested in firing up in the air than firing at Gaddafi, but with our support they've been able to get the confidence, and the experience necessary to beat Gadaffi. This is extremely evident if you watch combat footage at the opening of hostilities vs combat footage at the close of hostilities.

You'll find that the rebels have learned a lot, and while initially they were incapable of real fighting, they've become experienced fighters.

So you can see why they would need our support, despite being the majority.

They have right to decide anything as long the oil goes to the right hands (which are not russian or chinese).

Before they had no rights period, Gaddafi was in charge. Now they can do whatever they want to. If they want to sell to China and Russia sure, go for it, but why would they? Russia and China were extremely opposed to NATO helping the rebels because Russia and China supply Gaddafi with arms.

Why would they sell oil to the countries that opposed their revolution? They are grateful to NATO, as they should be. Europe will continue to get their oil, USA has their revenge, and I feel good about my country for helping prevent the slaughter of innocent Libyans.

Were some of the motives unrighteous? Yeah, I would say so.

Should we have intervened? Absolutely. There's no other answer. You're supporting the murder of tens of thousands if you think otherwise.

Level 34
I think links would be a huge plus to these topics. I (generally) take everything on internet forums as lies if there aren't references.

And of the 270 victims, 189 were American. And Operation El Dorado Canyon was the result of Gaddafi bombing a Berlin nightclub, killing Us troops and innocent civilians. Gaddafi started this mess. Not USA
It was never confirmed if it was Ghaddafi who was directly responsible. It was a terrorist attack, it's hard to catch terrorists, because they don't have a country.
Yes it is for oil, but it's the Europeans that are in it for oil, USA is in it for revenge, and my country, Canada is there because we believe in humanitarian intervention, which is everyone else's secondary justification.
Okay, USA didn't really start the war, there may not even be a war (yet) if not for Europeans, but it's always a good reason to enter in a war, at least for testing new weapons, especially if you can take part in oil business.
Clearly you have absolutely no understanding of modern military technology then, because NATO's airstrikes have been exceedingly accurate. It's raised the bar for minimizing collateral damage.
Over 1000 dead civilians isn't that minimizing for me. Thats much more than lost in those terrorist attacks combined. Furthermore, many hospital were destroyed too.
That's horrible logic. The majority do want Gaddafi gone, but that doesn't mean that they'll be able to win.
Bleh majority. If they would be really in majority, fights wouldn't last so many months under constant airstrikes. It's just western media portrayed like they were in majority. Ghaddafi proposed elections, but NATO and rebels refused.

Before they had no rights period, Gaddafi was in charge. Now they can do whatever they want to. If they want to sell to China and Russia sure, go for it, but why would they? Russia and China were extremely opposed to NATO helping the rebels because Russia and China supply Gaddafi with arms.

Why would they sell oil to the countries that opposed their revolution? They are grateful to NATO, as they should be. Europe will continue to get their oil, USA has their revenge, and I feel good about my country for helping prevent the slaughter of innocent Libyans.

Were some of the motives unrighteous? Yeah, I would say so.

Should we have intervened? Absolutely. There's no other answer. You're supporting the murder of tens of thousands if you think otherwise.

Now rights will have only the minority who were with rebels, who will opress the supporters of Ghaddafi. There are already footages how the rebels treat the opposing side. Just how they treated Ghaddafi it shows how civilized these people are. At least Saddam lived to trial.

Anyway good way to get rid of debt from Libya, now with this 'new government' the debt resets to zero plus they will have to repay the military help and rebuilding costs.
Now you will say USA already sent a help of 8 millions LOL! thats only a fraction of a single airplane bombarding in this war.

Bah, call of duty boy will always support a war, regardless what is the real or fictive reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.