• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Get range of an ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello there.
I just want to ask, if there is a way to get cast range of an ability as a variable either in JASS or GUI(I don't really believe GUI is able to do it, tho). After all in tooltips you do can call the variable which is cast range, or damage dealt.
I really appreciate your help!

Level 13
There is no function that you can call on an ability to get its cast range.

You could create a catalog of that data and look it up when necessary.

set rangeOfStormBolt = 500
set rangeOfHolyLight = 1000

Spell cast --> Which spell --> Get cast range from above list --> Do things/Additional Checks

Level 22

Cokemonkey11

Spell Reviewer
Level 29
> Wurst allows complete definition of Object (Units, Abilities, etc.) via script?

Yes

> Also, I'm guessing compile time is slow because the objects are generated everytime the map is compiled?

I don't know, wurst tends to emit slower than jasshelper because it implements a full compiler. For me, ObjEditing doesn't make much difference but I haven't tried with any huge maps that have thousands of objects.

Level 22
I don't know, wurst tends to emit slower than jasshelper because it implements a full compiler. For me, ObjEditing doesn't make much difference but I haven't tried with any huge maps that have thousands of objects.
You mean you don't notice a compile time difference whether there is an Object Generated or not unlike LUA that significantly slows compile time during "Executing external commands"?

Cokemonkey11

Spell Reviewer
Level 29
> You mean you don't notice a compile time difference whether there is an Object Generated or not unlike LUA that significantly slows compile time during "Executing external commands"?

I don't think the two option you've given are fully orthogonal.

I think it's slower, but not noticeable since wurst compiler is slower than JH anyway.

I've never used LUA rubbish

Status
Not open for further replies.