• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

General Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Every game needs a general questions thread :p

1. Does difficulty affect the scores you receive ?

1.b If so how much ?

1.c If not why ?

1.d Could it be implemented ?

2. Does any unit in the game have a chance for a legendary drop ?

2.b If so what are the chances ?

3.c If there are no chances can you make some bosses have a chance on higher difficulties ?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 13
Good idea.

1. Yes, difficulty affects scores. There might had been a bug with scores though in the current version. I think with a big team you could get more score in hard than with a small team in insane. In the upcoming version, the number of heroes won't have such a big influence any more so insane score > hard score.

Basically, in the upcoming version, score is XP * DIFFICULTY_SCORE_FACTOR (either: 0.75, 1.00, 1.25, 1.50).
Also keep in mind, that XP is proportionally lower, the more heroes are playing to counterbalance the increased amount of monsters. As a result, total game XP is about the same, no matter weather you play a 1 or 5 hero team.

2. Here are the loot chances for trash mobs in v0.87. These values need some fine-tweaking though and I'll be changing some things in later updates:

attachment.php

3. Boss chances are different, I can post them too. Chances are better on higher difficulties.

Attachments

• loot_chances_087.JPG
    loot_chances_087.JPG
    118 KB · Views: 436
Last edited:
Level 3
Where does the savecode get saved? I can't find it in my Wc3 directory.
I played in single player.

Level 3
Can't find a Savegames folder in my wc3 folder. All i see is "save" and Tkok Save files. There is also no Savegames folder on my whole hard disc

Level 13
Ehrm... which version did you actually play? Did you play via custom game? I'm asking, because from v0.87 the game shouldn't be playable as custom game anymore.

Anyways, let me know if you still experience problems with the saving in your next games.

Status
Not open for further replies.