• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] General help with my map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Hi! My current project, Scarlet Crusade - The Finest Hour is nearing completion after several months of work. Now, there are only a few things I (currently) need to fix.

1. The player should be able to build Gryphon Aviary, but when you select the human peasant, the Aviary doesn't show up in his build menu. Now, this map is based on a RoC campaign map from a section that didn't allow the player to create flying units, could this be the cause of the problem? If so, how can it be fixed?

2. The Plague Doctor has the "Abolish Magic" ability. For the purposes of this map, I'd like it to be able to remove disease cloud - a buff that normally can't be dispelled. How can I make it do that without breaking something?

If anyone out there could help me with these things, that'd be great.

Level 12
The gyphon aviary might be disabled in the player properties menu. I think it is something like "Scenario" -> "Player Properties", but I can't remember if that's the right names for those. There is a tab on that popup that lets you choose which abilities / upgrades / units / buildings each player can make.

I am not sure how the abolish magic spell normally works, but you can remove the buff via trigger. If the spell is single target, that makes it super easy. A trigger like:
  • Remove Disease Cloud
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
    • Ability being cast equal to Abolish Magic
  • Actions
    • Unit - Remove buff Disease cloud
I think the action you want will look something like "Unit - Remove specific buff".

Level 12
If the Gryphon Aviary still doesn't show up after being enabled on the player's tech tree, they may just have too many buildings available to build, or its icon's coordinates (X, Y) might be wonky or competing with another building.

Status
Not open for further replies.