• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
The monsters are going into the centre 1 gate earlier than in 5.01.

Level 1
I've played 5.05 verry often last days, and sometimes the gates open in lv 22/23 directly at the begin of the level, so that the creeps dont go through some mazes, instead they go directly to grey, which causes in public games -20 life0.o.

Hope u can find the bug:)

Level 1
Last game i realised where the reason of the gate opening lies: when someone use the "move"-skill the selected creep moves directly to the mid and the gates open at that moment. This cause, if there are other creeps circling around, that they go directly to mid after they reach the next waypoint, too.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
yeah. thats right.. the gates open when someone uses MOVE or when the monsters attack someones towers.
both events, a monster is ordered to go directly into the middle so if gates were closed, they would continue attack.
I got an idea. Instead of ordering the monster to go to the middle, it could first check if there were monsters around the selected monster. If there were, the monster would start following the other monster and that way, go to the middle properly.

Level 5
its so that first grey uses often MOVE to get kills. second is that there are alway two or three creeps which stuck in each other and so dont move. so if u would do that it follows the others make it so that there must be 4 creeps.

Yours
Robi

Level 1
one way to handle the problem would be:
a.)for blocking opening problems:
your idea ralle^^, check in an area of 500aoe or so for creeps to follow them....
b.)for move abuse:
block the move-skill the first xx-seconds each round....

sorry for bad englisch^^

Status
Not open for further replies.