• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gargoyle Hero Skills

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I need help making all of these skills. I know there is a way to do them with triggers, but I wasn't sure if there was a way to do them without, but I want the simplest way.

So here he is:

Name:Raist
Class:Gargoyle
Movespeed:300
Model:Gargoyle
Attack Range:100(Melee)
Primary Attribute: Agility
Stat Evolution:
Strength 17+1.8 per level.
Agility 21+2.1 per level.
Intelligence 15+1.6 per level.

Skills:
----------
Sonic Boom
"All ears."
Raist creates a blast of sound that shoots forth from him and deafens units it hits.
Silences.
Level 1 - 85 damage and 1 second silence.
Level 2 - 120 damage and 1 second silence.
Level 3 - 180 damage and 2 second silence.
Level 4 - 230 damage and 2 second silence.
Level 5 - 300 damage and 3 second silence.

This skill would look like Carrion swarm, except I'd get like a different model for the skill so it's not bats. It'd be a soundwave that cones out and damages units as well as silencing them when it hits.
----------
Echolocation
"I hear you..."
Sending for a high pitched cry that only he can hear, Raist scouts ahead of him with soundwaves.
Level 1 - Scouts 800 units ahead. Small radius.
Level 2 - Scouts 1100 units ahead. Small radius.
Level 3 - Scouts 1400 units ahead. Medium radius.
Level 4 - Scouts 1700 units ahead. Medium radius.
Level 5 - Scouts 2000 units ahead. Large radius.

The way I see this skill working is by having an invisible unit fly outward from Raist and provide vision.
----------
Dive
"Down for the kill."
Raist dives towards his target with great speed, damaging it slightly and stunning it.
Level 1 - 300 range, 35 damage, 1 second stun.
Level 2 - 450 range, 45 damage, 1.5 second stun.
Level 3 - 600 range, 55 damage, 2 second stun.
Level 4 - 750 range, 65 damage, 2.5 second stun.
Level 5 - 900 range, 75 damage, 3 second stun.

I see this a bit like a blink strike, but I'd want it to be more of a dash strike, where Raist flies fast at a unit and then stuns/damages it.
==========
Ultimate:
Stoneform
"It's just a statue sir...can we poke it?"
Raist turns himself to stone in a hibernation-like state increasing health and mana regens greatly as well as armor.
Also renders him immune to spells. Raist cannot attack,move, or activate abilities.
Level 1 - 6 bonus armor, 3 health/75% mana regen increase.
Level 1 - 12 bonus armor, 5 health/100% mana regen increase.
Level 1 - 18 bonus armor, 7 health/125% mana regen increase.

Stoneform just turns Raist into a gargoyle statue, it gives him increased regens and he can't move/cast spells or attack and spell immunity. This one seems most simple.

It'd be really cool if someone could help me out with this. And even more cool if I could get more help on my other heroes.

Level 10
Sonic Boom-
easy just make a trigger that looks like this (i am assuming you are noob at triggers)-

Event-
Unit Starts The effect of an ability
Conditions-
Ability being cast equal to Sonic Boom
Actions-
-Set Sonic_Point = Target point Of Ability Being Cast
-Create one DummyUnitTarget for owner of triggering unit
-Set DummyTarget = Last Created unit
-Issue DummyTarget Unit To Move To Sonic_Point
-Creat one silencedummy for owner for triggering unit
-Set SilencerDummy = last created unit

**TRIGGER TWO**

Event-
Every .01 seconds
Conditions- No Conditions
Actions-
Order SilencerDummy to Silence Position of dummyTarget

**DUMMY UNITS AND SPELL INFO**
To make a dummy unit give it no shadow no modle no food cost no nothing pretty much and make it so it has about 3 hp with -1 hp regen.
dummy spell- make a spell thats like silence exept it has your stats.

:roll:

~iplaystarcraft

Level 2
Sonic Boom

I know I'm the one who asked for help, but wouldn't it be simpler to just have it like...well I can't really figure it out, but something like:

Event-A unit is hit by a spell.
Condition-Spell is equal to Sonic Boom.
Action-Silence unit for 1 second.

I dunno, just thinking, but I'll try your way also.

Level 2
iplaystarcraft said:
Actions-
-Creat one silencedummy for owner for triggering unit

Actions-

I can't seem to find those.

Level 10
SirPwnalot said:
iplaystarcraft said:
Actions-
-Create one silencedummy for owner for triggering unit

Actions-

I can't seem to find those.

The First one is a Set Variable Action (near the top of the actions list)
The second is under unit actions (near the bottom) the action is "Create Unit For Player"
The third is the same as first
The third is under unit actions it is "Issue order Targeting Point"
The Fourth is the same as the second
The Fifth is the same as the First and third

And no there is no event "Unit is hit by spell"
or Action "Silecnce Unit"

:roll:

~iplaystarcraft

Level 5
ok heres how i see it working, give the hero a shockwave/carrion swarm ability, also make a dummy unit and make a dummy spell, base this dummy spell off of soul burn (firelords ability) make sure that u set the stats for soul burn, example: duration of soulburn and set the damage to 0 so only ur wave does damage. now u have to make sure that u set the Soul burn dummy ability so that it has 5 lvls, each lvl has a different period of time for the silence.

ok so heres the trigger:

Event-
Unit Starts The effect of an ability
Conditions-
Ability being cast equal to Sonic Boom
Actions
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
(Level of Sonic Boom for (Triggering Unit)) Equal to 1
Then - Actions
Unit - Set Level of Sonic Boom Dummy for (Triggering unit) to 1
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within (whatever range you want) of (Target point of ability being cast) matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Unit - Create 1 Soncic Boom Dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Picked unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Fire Lord - Soul Burn (Picked unit)
Else - Actions
Do nothing

ok so now all u need to do is copy this 4 more times and change the numbers for each lvl that the ability has. make sure that when u make ur dummy unit u set collision size to 0 and add the dummy ability and add locust and invulnerability. there u go my friend.

Level 11
Second skill is simple. Just have a dummy unit with far sight (with 5 levels of course... range being 800/1100/1400/1700/2000). And then, just order it to cast the far sight like this:

Order dummy to Orc - Far Seer - Far Sight ((Position of (Triggering Unit)) offset by (250+(150*(Level of Echolocation for (Triggering Unit))) towards Facing of (Triggering Unit)

The offset is a formula. For now, you don't have to know how I obtained it. Tell me if this works! If you need it with units, we can also do it with units. :)

For Dive I would recommend moving the unit with a timer forward very fast, up to the target and then damage and stun it (triggers).

Base Stoneform off Tinker's ultimate and make the altenrate form a copy of the hero with the stats you want (more regeneration, more armor and give it spell immunity) and don't forget for the dependency equivalents. Better check robo tinker and tinker and observe their differences. :)

As for the other heroes, once we are done with this one, just update your first post and make a notification post that you posted another hero. But don't post too many. One at a time is enough.

~Daelin

Status
Not open for further replies.