• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

GameCache help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
I'm working on a RPG map, and on the map, as usual, I want to have save/load commands. So far, I came up with something like this (attached map), and it works in single player, but not in multiplayer. I tested it out a few times with my friend, but they data dose not save. Please help.

Also if your interested in how I want to make save/load commands in my RPG map, i would want to make it something like this:
Player type "-save (number)" and saves the slot as a hero, and when player types "-load (number)" it loads up the hero, and ofc, it checks the player name if hes the rightfull owner of the hero. If there is a way to create this trigger w/o JASS scripts, would be very helpfull.

Attachments

• GameChaeTest.w3x
    28.6 KB · Views: 49
GameCache does not last between game sessions in multiplayer. Traditionally for save/load systems you would convert all the values to you need to save into a series of integers which can be encoded to a string and re-entered to load. There are many available systems which do most of the work for you.

Recently it became possible to load without a code, so you can have your -load <slot> system. You will have to use something like this:

Codeless Save and Load (Multiplayer) - v1.3.6

Or your own save system and use Sync.

However loading without a code is currently broken on 1.28c because the Preloader native is broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.