• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Game Timer

Level 3
Introduction
Ever wanted to make a timer for your game that gets the time played in HOURS, MINUTES, SECONDS only using Countdown timers and timer windows?

Then this is the tutorial. It's very simple so here we go.

Reason for tutorial: Is for ALiEN95's suggested timer. He he he you're the very reason for this tutorial lol. But not the only one, a lot of people are just newbies so here's a much easier tutorial on how to create a tweaked game timer than for an advanced multiboard.

Step 1: The Variables

First you should have the following variables...

The Variables
attachment.php

Step 2: The Trigger

You only need one trigger I compressed it so it won't look messy...

The Triggers
  • Events
    • Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
      • If - Conditions
        • GameTimePlayed Equal to 0
      • Then - Actions
        • Countdown Timer - Start GameTimer as a One-shot timer that will expire in 0.00 seconds
        • Countdown Timer - Create a timer window for GameTimer with title TimePlayed:
        • Set GameTimer = (Last started timer)
        • Countdown Timer - Show GameTimerWindow
      • Else - Actions
    • Set GameTimePlayed = (GameTimePlayed + 1)
    • Countdown Timer - Start GameTimer as a One-shot timer that will expire in (Real(GameTimePlayed)) seconds
    • Countdown Timer - Pause GameTimer

Explanation:
GameTimePlayed increases itself by 1 every second and the Pausing of the timer stops it from counting down, thus the illusion of the Countdown Timer became Counting Timer... This Timer can be well customized just use your imagination can only be used for counting in an increased manner.

Edit: Added the Map to see what I meant.

Attachments

• Variables.jpg
    Variables.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 396
  • GameTime.w3x
    16.5 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Level 3

Waaahhh sorry I thought you misunderstood. I was just trying to answer a question and just thought of this tutorial now. Never knew that there was any, I searched it under tutorials and didn't find it.

Oh well I'll wait for the tutorial where you found my similar tutorial....
Then I'll delete my thread.

He he he well that's life.:grin:

And umm what's with Multiboard Counter link?:bored:

Level 3

Thats the Tutorial :wink:

Umm Slaydon that's for a Multiboard not for a Countdown Timer... Isn't this tutorial allowed? Umm yes it is similar but I'm using a different system, the countdown timer system not the multiboard system.:eekani:

I saw that the timer you want can be done with just 2 actions and event is time elipsed is 0 seconds but i dont remember how :hohum:

Added an attachment map to see if this is what you want ^^. I had more than 2 actions because I want to start it and stop it from counting down...
:cool:

Level 13
I have just one small suggestion ...
  • create game time
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Countdown Timer - Start TIMERWINDOW as a One-shot timer that will expire in 0.00 seconds
      • Countdown Timer - Create a TIMERWINDOW for TIMER with title Game Time:
      • Set TIMER = (Last started timer)
      • Custom script: call DestroyTrigger( GetTriggeringTrigger() )
  • game time
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set GAMETIME = (GAMETIME + 1)
      • Countdown Timer - Start TIMER as a One-shot timer that will expire in (Real(GAMETIME)) seconds
      • Countdown Timer - Pause TimerWindow

Last edited:
Level 3
I have just one small suggestion ...
  • create game time
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Countdown Timer - Start TIMERWINDOW as a One-shot timer that will expire in 0.00 seconds
      • Countdown Timer - Create a TIMERWINDOW for TIMER with title Game Time:
      • Set TIMER = (Last started timer)
      • Custom script: call DestroyTrigger( GetTriggeringTrigger() )
  • game time
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set GAMETIME = (GAMETIME + 1)
      • Countdown Timer - Start TIMER as a One-shot timer that will expire in (Real(GAMETIME)) seconds
      • Countdown Timer - Pause TimerWindow

Right thank you! But still you just divided trigger my trigger to two and If-Then-Else will only happen at first. Thank you + reputation!:thumbs_up:

:confused:Ummm I have a noobie question is it efficient to divide my trigger into two than just one or is it the same but only compiled?:confused:

Reason for doing such a complicated one trigger: I don't want more than one trigger for one system I might misplace it. It's like looking for a needle in the haystack if I had multiple triggers. Yet that's very rare...

Edit: Edited my first post forgot to credit you ALiEN95. He he he you're the very reason for this tutorial lol.