• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Strategy / Risk] Game of Thrones:Battle of WinterFell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Game of Thrones:Battle of WinterFell

Download Link:Game of Thrones:Battle of WinterFell - Warcraft 3 Maps - Epic War.com
By Accelerator
Terrain and Trigger Help:Trick or treat+WhiteLR
212121.jpg
Lore:After the Death army led by the Night King smashed the Wall in the North, the champions in WinterFell had decided to fight against the God of Death, and a Great war began......
Map info:

"Battle of Winterfell" is a map adapted from episode 3 of Season 8 of the Game of Thrones​
The living against the Army of the Dead​
Game is very simple, with four human players against two White Walker players​
White Walkers need to break through the defenses guarded by humans and destroy them all,Until take Winterfell.But they only have an hour​
They can strengthen their troops by destroying nearby castles(For example,destroying the Last Hearth will give a large base and some extra units)​
Human players can choose to defend WinterFell for an hour or take a more extreme method to kill the Night King, but it is difficult to achieve in general combat​
The Factions Names
The livings:​
Jon Snow’s Army​
Vale and Starks​
Daenerys’s Troops​
House Glover and House Mormont​
Army of Dead:​
Night King​
The Son of Craster(White Walkers)​
The Betrayer:
I hope all players can play to the end of the game.So I'm going to make WinterFell big enough to accommodate at least three players.​
But because the House Gover were so far away from WinterFell, I changed a little. When their castle was destroyed, they would join the Night king to continue the game.​
The Dragons:
As the only aerial unit in the map, the dragon has been granted great destructive power​
So I don't want them to come out prematurely to influence the game, and they will appear in the middle of the game.​
Income:
(Its About Human,White Walkers income will increase with their destruction)​
The income of all gold coins depends on the number of castles you own​
Therefore, you may get higher income in the early stage of the game. With the castle will fall, your income will be less and less, so it is necessary to store some gold coins​
When your population exceeds 120, your income will decrease accordingly​
Featured content:
Maps can run between 1.27 and 1.32(TIP:Reforged can play this map, but it will cause some unit and texture errors.)​
Some units have shields with the Banner of their House​
20200803124419.png
Some Hero and units's Portrait by images in TV​
Custom shield system can resist any source of damage​
Many forgotten characters will come out​
”]
20200803105453.png
20200803105202.png

Screenshots

WinterFell
20200803105525.png
Last Hearth
20200803105613.png
Karhold
20200803105633.png
Dreadfort
20200803111212.png
Deepwood Motte
20200803105709.png
Bear Island
20200803110404.png
Craster's Keep
20200803110332.png

The Broken Wall
20200803110427.png
20200803110449.png
20200803110516.png
20200803110606.png
20200803111136.png
20200803111234.png
IronBornCamp
20200803111255.png

Thanks for you reading this thread,Sorry of my English,not my native​

Last edited:
Level 23
So is it spawn based or do you build units?

The Betrayer:
I hope all players can play to the end of the game.So I'm going to make WinterFell big enough to accommodate at least three players.
But because the House Gover were so far away from WinterFell, I changed a little. When their castle was destroyed, they would join the Night king to continue the game.
I am not sure if you have played the map "Siege of Quel'thalas" before. It has a similar mechanic where players join the Scourge if their ranger hero dies, and players who die sometimes grief against their new allies, and purposely team-kill. It is important to give the "evil" team a mechanism that will kick or remove unit control from players who are forced to join them after an event, otherwise the game can be ruined easily since the only way to deal with team-killers is to A attack every unit/building of theirs manually because there won't be any autoattack available against "allies".

Level 7
So is it spawn based or do you build units?

I am not sure if you have played the map "Siege of Quel'thalas" before. It has a similar mechanic where players join the Scourge if their ranger hero dies, and players who die sometimes grief against their new allies, and purposely team-kill. It is important to give the "evil" team a mechanism that will kick or remove unit control from players who are forced to join them after an event, otherwise the game can be ruined easily since the only way to deal with team-killers is to A attack every unit/building of theirs manually because there won't be any autoattack available against "allies".
Its build units
I know this map, and I'm a fan of Marshmalo
I try my best to believe that every player is kind, but if this happens, I have many ways to prevent it
If you want to know more about this map, I recorded an earlier version of Alpha on YouTube
Here is the Link:

Level 11
Looks very cool, also agreed with tulee, it reminds me a lot of Rise of the Vampyr, I'm interested in it and can't wait to try it when it's finished!

Level 7
Looks very cool, also agreed with tulee, it reminds me a lot of Rise of the Vampyr, I'm interested in it and can't wait to try it when it's finished!
I am glad to u like it
Many of the building and texture models in Marsh's ROTV are great and fit my map
I'm also committed to doing something that other strategic maps don't have,And some cool special skills and effects
So this can take a long time to complete
And balance also takes a long time to adjust. In a recent alpha test,Night King and his team took almost 30 minutes to take Last Hearth
Maybe the Night King could be a bossfight instead of a cinematic, Arya and the surviving heroes against raised heroes and the NK.
I'll consider it, but I still need to spend a lot of time on the terrain now
I just want to clarify, I was not implying any element of plagiarism by my post. Was just noting the word "prophecy" reminded me of that map.
Don't worry about it,i don't mind

Last edited:
Level 23
The origin of this army was sent by Ser Jaime from RiverRun
Will this be an event? (i.e a condition needs to be fulfilled to achieve, or will it be automatic (based on timer).

For strategy maps like this that are based on a story, "events" really help people who enjoy the plot to become more immersed in the map. For example, if a certain hero obtains a certain item, then something happens.

Level 7
Will this be an event? (i.e a condition needs to be fulfilled to achieve, or will it be automatic (based on timer).

For strategy maps like this that are based on a story, "events" really help people who enjoy the plot to become more immersed in the map. For example, if a certain hero obtains a certain item, then something happens.
I'm sorry to reply you so late, because my school is about to open recently, and I have been busy with this matter
Yes, this event will be unlocked after 15 minutes, after which you will be given training rights to Lannister's forces
Many events are also unlocked with the time, so if you can defend a castle long time,you will get more rewards
Besides, there are many similar ones.For example, the ironborns will get their after 15 minutes too
White Walkers needs to conquer the Dreadfort to gain Roose Bolton
I also plan to add more optional events to make players interested in playing a second time.

Level 7
Hi,everyone.I finally have time to restart this project, and now I'll show you some of the projects that have been completed
The Long Night
When 40 minutes have passed, or bear island has been destroyed.The long night will be triggered
It will allow all Army of Dead heroes to be promoted to level 15 (if they don't).And when you kill a human hero, it will be transformed into your hero.And the zombie giant limit will also be increased to 8
This is a great event to upgrade the Army of dead. It can push the Army of dead to WinterFell more quickly

Lightbringer
That was forgotten on TV, and now I've added it back.
This is an event against the long night.When 30 minutes have passed,
If the hero who holds the Valyria sword still survives,A hero of the highest Level will be selected to replace his Valyria sword with Lightbringer

North Remembers
I've always been committed to adding a North House as strong as Karstark or Umber.Now, I've found that the House Manderly fits in very well
This will be the first faction to choose, which will bring Wylis Manderly and the new White Harbor soldiers
This faction cannot coexist with the Lannister faction
20200930201824.png

Third gate
The screenshots of Winterfell that I released before only have the north and West gates. Now I have added an east gate.
It will not be activated under normal circumstances. It will only be opened when the Army of dead is at a disadvantage
20200930201529.png

House Liddle
This is a neutral faction that can be conquered by any player to gain additional units and heroes
20200930201432.png 20200930201959.png

Another Updates
New Undead Hero
Styr Lord of Thenn(axe)
Orell The Fell Skinchanger(mage)
Alfyn CrowKiller(archer)
20200930201513.png

Strengthen the defense line.
An extra wall was added outside last hearth to help defend
20200930201415.png

Map development still needs a long time, because my real life studies are still very important, but I will continue to update.
Thanks for your reading.^^

Level 7
The First Alpha version is finally released, welcome to report bugs and balance suggestions to me about this version
If you need to play, please pay attention to the following points
-The Lands of Always Winter is not finished
-Brown player may be too weak
-Night King has AI, just set the red player to a computer(But its a Hell AI)
-There may be some text that can't be displayed because it's not in English, but I've made the map 90% in English
-The Army of the dead needs to begin to conquer the wilding camp and East watch by the sea to unlock additional units
-Neutral Creatures may be so powerful,be careful to attack them
-Skagos Island is not open
-Some items can be combined into powerful items
-If a castle is destroyed, all humans in it must evacuate immediately, otherwise will be destroyed by the Death Tower
-After the long night activation, most of the human heroes will no longer be able to revive
-Lannister Spearman can't be training
-The armor type of the map has been changed. Please attention it
Hope everyone enjoy this game,have a funny Day.
Map Link:Game of Thrones:Battle of WinterFell - Warcraft 3 Maps - Epic War.com

Level 23
welcome to report bugs and balance suggestions to me about this version
You will have better luck getting feedback by hosting the map online with a game name of something like "New Strategy Map Test", or by making a discord group and creating a community for the map.
Hive has a bad record of getting people to test multiplayer maps in the "Map Development" section, because most multiplayer people do not need to come here for maps--- they can just join games on Bnet.
For single player maps it is different, because the hive forums are the only place single-player map fans can find maps.

Level 7
Alpha V0.02 Update
Map Link:Game of Thrones:Battle of WinterFell - Warcraft 3 Maps - Epic War.com

Hello everyone,the next update has been ready.
In this update, I perfected the Lands of Always Winter,and added the battle beyond the Wall.

General
Lannister Spearman Mana 350→300
Defend Tower damage 35→50,and the maximum limit 4→12
A Large neutral area was redone,After killing the bandit Lord, you will get the right to use the blacksmith on the left. You can upgrade all your technologies once for free
20201101140439.png
All Direwolves will no longer occupy population
The Night King gets a item,it calls "The Protection of God of Winter" ,It makes the Night King immune to any damage for 15 seconds.If the item is not used after 30 minutes, it will be deleted
fixed Some text errors
fixed Eddison Tollett's skill "The Honor of the Night's watch" to crash game.
When Arya has the Lightbringer,the night killer effect will now trigger correctly
Change a New Loading Screen
The Human Forces Base Income 150→100

The Last Watcher
The Cold Hands, who had been wandering for many years beyond the Wall, came back. He led a group of night watchmen. The rest of the Rangers continued to resist the Night king outside the Wall
Any human player could have cold hand control at the start,Help defend the wildings camp to prevent the Night King from expanding his power
The Wildings Camp is controlled by AI. It doesn't take the initiative to attack the Night King's base, but it also builds units to fight back when attacked
After 10 minutes, the cold hands can retreat to Queen's town
If Brown player has Cold Hands, when he betrays his ally, the cold hand will be randomly acquired by the remaining three human players
20201102082355.png

You will have better luck getting feedback by hosting the map online with a game name of something like "New Strategy Map Test", or by making a discord group and creating a community for the map.
Hive has a bad record of getting people to test multiplayer maps in the "Map Development" section, because most multiplayer people do not need to come here for maps--- they can just join games on Bnet.
For single player maps it is different, because the hive forums are the only place single-player map fans can find maps.
I know hive's feedback on multiplayer maps may not be very good, but I need a platform to show my map.
And I really like the environment and atmosphere of hive, which is very suitable for map developers.
All the people who love this game come together.It's a very happy thing.
Because I don't live in Europe, if I run the game on a European server, there will be delays and even disconnection.
If I get some feedback,I might create a discord sever.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.