• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Miscellanous / Other] Game of Thrones Fellowship of the Wight[Beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
The map is loosely based on the episode of game of thrones where the group in Game of Thrones goes beyond the wall in episode Season 7 episode 6

Game play wise its like the lord of the rings fellowship quest maps each player controls a hero in the party. there is also secret heroes that each player can play as with the right code. In this beta map they are currently incomplete and still trying to come up with spell ideas for purples secret hero

the hero on the left is the normal hero and the hero in the brackets is the secret hero the player can play as

Red - Lord Bearic (Brynden Tully)
Blue - Jon Snow (Arya Stark)
Teal - Gendry (Mya Stone)
Purple - The Hound (Bronn)
Yellow - Thoros of Myr (Grey Worm)
Orange - Tormund Giantsbane (Mance Ryder)
Green - Jorah Mormount (Ser Barristan)
Pink - Brienne of Tarth (Jaime Lannister)
Grey - Davos Seaworth (Salladhor Saan)

I originally used a fellowship quest map as a base then removed pretty much everything from the map and rebuilt it I can't remember the version or the author of the original map, you'll probably recognize some of the terrain if you played fellowship quest . The map is also using this model.
FootArcher
For one of the bonus heroes and planning on adding more at a later date otherwise

I've done pretty much everything else on the map myself. I've focused mostly on functionally and making sure there's no game breaking bugs

the map doesn't follow the story exactly and there are some boss encounters and sieges in the map the players have to take part in.
another thing to note is only chaos damage can hurt the white walkers and only blue and pink start out with this damage type more weapons can be found later that do this damage type and teal can forge weapons later in the map

Further work i need to do on the map
  • Finish the new Heroes (balance them, allow them to morph into chaos damage versions, finish Bronn)
  • Finish the Forest section (make boss stronger + animals more threatening)
  • Castle Black siege
  • Winterfell Siege
  • Final boss fight
  • improve spell buffs/visuals.
  • add some bonus bosses.
  • make improvements to map based on feedback
  • (Edit) Items need to be added for the gold to be spent on
Thanks for your time hoping other peoples feedback can help improve this map

(edit) I realized on review I made a mistake and forgot to change the transport boats ownership back to light blue while I was experimenting that has been fixed now

Attachments

• (9)Got FellowshipOfWight[Beta2].w3x
    512.3 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.