• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Game Interface - Player Name

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I am unsure whether or not this has been posted on before. I searched around to a good extent and found no awnsers, either on the forums, or on the editor itself. In a game, when you move the mouse's cursor over a unit (in this example, a hero), it displays:
a) Player Name
b) Hero Name/Level
c) Health Bar

When you move the cursor over a creep, it displays only the Health Bar. I am making a scenario where it is usefull for me to not have the player name displayed, otherwise it ruins a good deal of the point. I was wondering if anyone knew how to change the display and make it so that when the mouse is moved over an enemy hero, it displays nothing but the Health Bar. Any help would be appreciated, please do not give a half-a** remark about the game-interface menu as I have searched that extensively and would appreciate a fully-sentenced specific reply.

Level 2
Thought about it. Also debated making the player name " ", however, the map I am trying to implement this into is a shape-shifting map, one will be infiltration, the other, along the lines of a hunter/prey, however, allowing anything beyond the Health Bar completely ruins any point at attempting to be sneaky sneaky like ninja...

Anyway: Thanks for the advice, not what I was looking for.

Level 2
"it's impossible" is not any type of valid argument or reasoning. The repetitive reasoning annoys me and my IQ has dropped from having read your post. Simply because you have not seen a way to do so, cannot use your brain well enough to find a way, and would have given up after 5 minutes of looking is not my problem, nor do i care. If you cannot offer a logical reason as to why it is any less an editable part as changing the icon for resources, then your input in neither welcome nor needed.

Considering the fact that you are in clan map, you have a horrible outlook on how to do things with the editor. Please, quit the clan, you obviously have such a perspective on how to do things, that it dulls what creativity you ever might have had.

Level 2
Regardless of whether or not it is imPLAUSIBLE, to look at it on a stand-point of "it's never been done and i'm too lazy to try so i will just say it's impossible" is a horrible perspective when creating a map or attempting to give someone advice when doing so. I have tried, and I admit, I cannot find a way to do so. However, that means nothing about the possibility of doing so. When Warcraft II was made, a system of editing such as the Warcraft III World Editor would have been considered impossible. One of the main reasons I refuse to believe it is impossible is because it is a tool-tip, like so many others that can be modified.

Level 8
there are many ways to make the player name unseen...
but many have side effects...
1) give the unit the locust ability, then use chaos to change it, i heard somewhere that the unit can be still attacked
2) make a creep/passive hero then share control to the player and change the color
3) replace the interface textures with invisible textures which would cause the rectangle with the information dissapear, i am not sure about the text though.

Level 7
I'm not 100% sure but I believe that would be in the game interface would it not? it has in there all the text strings that show hero level, text messages and so forth, so I would assume that by searching through there you could find one labeled "Player" and you could replace the '%s' with a blank space, i think that would likely do what you want, but you still cant make it so that when your mouse goes over him it stays yellow(that i know of), I hope something of that helps you

Level 2
I tried that. I could not find exactly how it would be referring to the tool-tip. In other words, I ended up erasing every piece of text in that entire category in a desperate attempt to get the damn thing to work. Nothing helped on that end.

Status
Not open for further replies.