• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Several Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
1) When I add a special effect it adds it, but it goes away, what did I do wrong?
Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Center of Region 025 <gen>) using Abilities\Spells\Human\MassTeleport\MassTeleportCaster.mdl

2) Then theres another problem with the animations I try to do animations it does it then it stops
Animation - Play Unit_Prop[1]'s channel animation

3) Also I'm what is the For each (Integer A) from 1 to 10, do (Do nothing) action do? I never really figured that out...

4) Also problem with this trigger, It doesn't do anything after the Player Group - Pick every player in Player Group - Player 1 (Red) and do (Actions), I realize that it says player red on them, but I tried to change that to see if it would work. I tried this too Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
It didn't work. Can anyone help me?

Intro
Events
Map initialization
Conditions
Actions
Cinematic - Turn on letterbox mode (hide interface) for (All players): fade out over 2.00 seconds
Cinematic - Disable user control for (All players)
Cinematic - Fade out and back in over 6.00 seconds using texture Black Mask and color (0.00%, 50.00%, 0.00%) with 20.00% transparency
Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode On for (All players)
Game - Display to (All players) for 10.00 seconds the text: Hello, welcome to T...
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in PPL <gen>) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Animation - Play (Picked unit)'s stand victory animation, using only Common animations
Player Group - Pick every player in Player Group - Player 1 (Red) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Camera - Apply StartCam1 <gen> for (Picked player) over 0.00 seconds
Wait 2.00 seconds
Camera - Apply StartCam2 <gen> for (Picked player) over 4.00 seconds
Wait 4.00 seconds
Camera - Reset camera for Player 1 (Red) to standard game-view over 3.00 seconds
Camera - Lock camera target for (Picked player) to Drak'thul 0162 <gen>, offset by (0.00, 0.00) using Default rotation
Unit - Order Drak'thul 0162 <gen> to Move To (Center of Region 005 <gen>)
Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Blood Mage 0000 <gen> named Kael: Play WispHarvestLumber1 <gen> and display Hello, and welcome .... Modify duration: Set to 7.00 seconds and Wait
Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Drak'thul 0162 <gen> named Stupid Reporter: Play WispHarvestLumber1 <gen> and display Hello, Ironreverse .... Modify duration: Set to 5.00 seconds and Wait
Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Fel Orc Grunt 0150 <gen> named Ironreverse Soulste...: Play GruntWhat3 <gen> and display Master?. Modify duration: Set to 2.00 seconds and Wait
Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Drak'thul 0162 <gen> named Stupid Reporter: Play WispHarvestLumber1 <gen> and display No, I'm not your ma.... Modify duration: Set to 3.00 seconds and Wait
Unit - Order Drak'thul 0162 <gen> to Move To (Center of Region 006 <gen>)
Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Drak'thul 0162 <gen> named Stupid Reporter: Play WolfriderPissed2 <gen> and display Hello, Gurder Blood.... Modify duration: Set to 4.00 seconds and Wait
Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Fel Orc Raider 0151 <gen> named Gurder: Play WispHarvestLumber1 <gen> and display Huh? What's that so.... Modify duration: Set to 3.00 seconds and Wait
Wait 1.50 seconds
Unit - Make Fel Orc Raider 0151 <gen> face (Last created unit) over 0.50 seconds
Unit - Order Clockwerk Goblin 0147 <gen> to Attack Once Fel Orc Raider 0151 <gen>
Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from (Last created unit) named Gurder's Crazed Wif...: Play (Last played sound) and display GURDER!!. Modify duration: Set to 2.00 seconds and Wait
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Move To (Center of Region 006 <gen>)
Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Drak'thul 0162 <gen> named Stupid Reporter: Play WispHarvestLumber1 <gen> and display Well. that was stra.... Modify duration: Set to 4.00 seconds and Wait
Unit - Order Drak'thul 0162 <gen> to Move To (Center of Region 007 <gen>)
Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Drak'thul 0162 <gen> named Stupid Reporter: Play WispHarvestLumber1 <gen> and display Hello, Panadaman.. Modify duration: Set to 2.00 seconds and Wait
Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Chen Stormstout 0152 <gen> named Stupid Reporter: Play PandarenBrewmasterYes3 <gen> and display Here, have one on t.... Modify duration: Set to 3.50 seconds and Wait
Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Drak'thul 0162 <gen> named Stupid Reporter: Play WispHarvestLumber1 <gen> and display Thanks!. Modify duration: Set to 2.00 seconds and Wait
Camera - Sway the camera target for (Picked player) with magnitude 10.00 and velocity 0.50
Wait 5.00 seconds
Camera - Stop swaying/shaking the camera for (Picked player)
Cinematic - Turn off letterbox mode (show interface) for (All players): fade in over 2.00 seconds
Cinematic - Enable user control for (All players)
Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode Off for (All players)
Cinematic - Fade out and back in over 6.00 seconds using texture Black Mask and color (0.00%, 50.00%, 0.00%) with 20.00% transparency

I know the triggers work be cause I tried it with out the Player Group function. Also sounds don't play, its pissing me off.....

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Here is the answer to 1, 2, and 3.
------------------------------------------------------
1. Some special effects without a wait animation vanish after they finish playing their animation for example NEdeath.
2. It seams that if you order it to do the animation on map initilsation it loops it but im still researching into how to controle when it loops.
It could also be that only certain animations can be looped.
I recomend you uses trigers to get around this.

Heres the vague idea and I am writing this out of my head.

Event
Periodic time every 2 seconds
Condition
Action
Play animation work for unit (THEUNIT)
Loop intergras are used to save work in setting multibords, Used to set aray variables, used to loop things in trigers perodicly, used to detect when an action has been run enough, and LOTS of other things.
I recomend you play with them and get to know how to uses them.

They work by looping the folowing actions # many times.
To Refer what loop number your on uses (for loop intergra (A or B))
lets say you order it to start loop on number 20 and end at 30, it will loop 10 times but the numbers you will detect threw the (for loop intergra (A or B)) will be 20,21,22,23,extra

Status
Not open for further replies.