• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Having some problems with my new map anyone help????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
OK am working on a new map on the same sort of idea as a 7 illidans map. survive as long as u can 8 differnt heroes (although they are actually differnt heroes not just the same hero with differnt spells/skills)

well here are my problems if anyone can help.

1. the size of my map! the file size atm is 3.72mb now i know this is just under the highest size for a Bnet map and i would prefer it to be smaller. wat i dont understand is why it is so big, i am looking at maps like DOTA and they are like 2mb and they have **** loads of triggers new spells blah blah blah.... so wat am i doing wrong is there summing that takes up a lot of room that mayB i should avoid using.

2. am doing a small cinimatic entrance to the game and i have a number of charecters speaking i have the following trigger in place, it goes to the charecter in question shows there portrait etc but no sound come out any ideas wat i am doing wrong?

starting cini2
Events
Conditions
Actions
Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Deamon Prince 0013 <gen> named <Empty String>: Play AcolyteYes1 <gen> and display <Empty String>. Modify duration: Add 0.00 seconds and Wait
Wait 2.00 seconds
Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Death Revenant 0023 <gen> named <Empty String>: Play AcolyteYesAttack3 <gen> and display <Empty String>. Modify duration: Add 0.00 seconds and Wait
Wait 2.00 seconds
Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Dreadlord 0142 <gen> named <Empty String>: Play HeroDreadlordYes1 <gen> and display <Empty String>. Modify duration: Add 0.00 seconds and Wait
Wait 2.00 seconds
Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Crypt Lord 0143 <gen> named <Empty String>: Play NerubianCryptLordYes5 <gen> and display <Empty String>. Modify duration: Add 0.00 seconds and Wait
Wait 2.00 seconds
Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Dark Ranger 0141 <gen> named <Empty String>: Play LadyVashjYes1 <gen> and display <Empty String>. Modify duration: Add 0.00 seconds and Wait
Wait 2.00 seconds
Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Pit Lord 0140 <gen> named <Empty String>: Play HPitLordYesAttack1 <gen> and display <Empty String>. Modify duration: Add 0.00 seconds and Wait
Wait 2.00 seconds
Unit - Order Deamon Prince 0013 <gen> to Move To (Center of room 6 entrance <gen>)
Unit - Order Crypt Lord 0143 <gen> to Move To (Center of room 6 entrance <gen>)
Unit - Order Dark Ranger 0141 <gen> to Move To (Center of room 6 entrance <gen>)
Unit - Order Death Revenant 0023 <gen> to Move To (Center of room 6 entrance <gen>)
Unit - Order Dreadlord 0142 <gen> to Move To (Center of room 6 entrance <gen>)
Unit - Order Pit Lord 0140 <gen> to Move To (Center of room 6 entrance <gen>)
Wait 8.00 seconds
Unit - Remove Deamon Prince 0013 <gen> from the game
Unit - Remove Crypt Lord 0143 <gen> from the game
Unit - Remove Dark Ranger 0141 <gen> from the game
Unit - Remove Death Revenant 0023 <gen> from the game
Unit - Remove Dreadlord 0142 <gen> from the game
Unit - Remove Pit Lord 0140 <gen> from the game

3. i have mad it so all the heroes have 30 levels this is fine no probs have made all the spells/abilites to 5 levels each etc etc

but am having 2 probs

first the description of the spells. for example 5 level critical strike.... says that every level does the same thing

the bit i have in the tooltip extended is
Gives a <AOcr,DataA1>% chance to do <AOcr,DataB1> times normal damage on an attack.

and then changed the number to the level.

2. i also have a frenzy spell in which i have used custom buttons.

the buttons are fine apart from in between levels ie it is not a skill u can learn at that time, then the icon turns green any ideas as to why or how i may fix this?

thanx

Jsar

P.S anyone else notice quite how ghey the world editor is i have to load it 3 times before it actuall loads and then half the time it makes out my custom models/skins/icons are not there then if i reload it they are there. then next time i load it they aint grrrrrr..

Level 7
1.: triggers/custom spells don't need much space (+/- a few kb). imported models/skins/fade filter need a lot.

3.2.: the DISBTN of the used icon isn't imported correctly/hasn't the correct path

Level 1
3. Critical strike part..

You can have it say what the spell does at "Level "#" - text - tooltip - normal - extended".

Level 3
ok thanx guys

well the imported files are very small, about 700kb tops for all of them in total or somewhere around that.

didnt understand wat u mean aboput the critical strike part can u explain plz?

"Remember the icons - the .blp must be valid (32bit .tga/.jpeg/.bmp or 24bits .tga/.jpeg/.bmp with opaque alpha channel added from WC3 Viewer"

sorry to sound like a n00b but u really have lost me here! :(

any ideas on the cinimatic sound part?

Level 1
near the end of the abilities section of the object editor..In your case using 5 levels of a skills, there will be 5 lines of "Level 1 - text - tooltip - normal - extended". "Level 2 - text - tooltip - normal - extended". Level 3...etc.. You can have it say whatever the skill does. Such as level 5.."This makes a 15% chance to deal 5x more damage." or whatever you want to put in there..

I hope that's what you meant by skill details. 8) [/quote]

Level 3
yeah that was wat i meant, thanx!

had kinda done that but musta done summing worng there! i will take another look at it an make sure i have done it right!

Level 7
Fossil said:
you might wanna destroy some triggers when they're finished like the movie, weather settings, etc.

the will only free up ram, it won't reduce the size of the map, and really the main contributor for maps over 1 meg is imported files, triggers take up maybe 10kb in the end (ok that might be an exageration, but its miniscule compared to imported stuff)

and check the DISBTN of ur icon, warcraft doesn't black it out automatically it uses a separate icon, and if u have that wrong it just uses green default

Status
Not open for further replies.