• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Game creator carrer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Since I used to make stupid stuff here back when I was 13 years old, I kinda thought it would be good to start practicing game development (indie style) in WC3 modding. What do you guys think?

Looks like i did that either except i'm 15-16 years old and want to learn about Arts(Textures/Modeling) and Codes(GUI/MUI/JASS) for Warcraft 3.
Too bad i move to MUGEN in 2012 until 2014 to take a rest from computer related stuff

Level 14
Not that you'll get out of here knowing how to make your way through an actual engine for game development, but I guess this can count as a smooth start.

I'm still planning to work for a game development company for 3 years after finishing masters. But I also wanted some experience of working with basically only friends and stuff. Because that will probably be the situation when I first start my own indie company.

Looks like i did that either except i'm 15-16 years old and want to learn about Arts(Textures/Modeling) and Codes(GUI/MUI/JASS) for Warcraft 3.
Too bad i move to MUGEN in 2012 until 2014 to take a rest from computer related stuff

I see. When I was 12 years old I was too retarded to understand shit about JASS scripting lol. I did make an broken AI System with triggers and some boring maps. But I think it's kinda impressive for something that a kid made. At least that's what I thought when I looked at it after 5 or so years. I'm planning to make something more serious this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.