• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Game crashes whenever I try to build anything (AoE2 in WC3 project)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been making an Age of Empires 2 scenario, with resources and all, even upgradeable buildings whenever one advances to the next age, but... whenever I try to build anything at all, the game crashes.

There is an attached video with the test run with a villager (peasant) that has nothing but a house in the building menu.
Even with the house it just crashes with no warning at all. Tried with different isolated buildings on various tests and it still crashes.
I've tested all other actions, attacking, stopping, collecting, etc. and it doesn't crash... I've tried creating a villager on the town center (the Town Hall in the middle) and it didn't crash either.
Any ideas on why it crashes?

Also, this is the whole units and buildings list:
1629408050544.png

And I'm using the troll berserker upgrade and ability as base for all these units and buildings. Whats worse is that before this worked fine, but now it doesn't even let me build anything...

And I haven't modified the human build/repair abilities at all...

EDIT: I solved the problem, it was the dependency equivalents what were causing the crashes...
But now I have another problem: I'm testing my "Advanced building" mode with the villagers, by using druid of the claw's transform as a dummy, and transforming my villager in a similar one but with different buildings options. (The base form has all economic buildings, while the transform has all the military buildings)... now the problem is, whenever I issue a building order to the transformed villager, it won't build anything. It will go to the point but when it arrives nothing happens, kind of like the order is cancelling itself... any solutions to this?

Attachments

• WC3 AoE2 test.wmv
    4.4 MB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Level 5
I have 2 ideas what it could be.
1) You have a trigger that is executed by opening the build menu.
2) Circular dependencies. The building requires another building, but this other building can be downgraded and upgraded again.

I can't guarantee any of thoose 2 are the Problem, but the last one has the same reaction as shown in the video.

I have 2 ideas what it could be.
1) You have a trigger that is executed by opening the build menu.
2) Circular dependencies. The building requires another building, but this other building can be downgraded and upgraded again.

I can't guarantee any of thoose 2 are the Problem, but the last one has the same reaction as shown in the video.
I solved the problem, and it was indeed the dependency equivalents... but now I have another problem:
Whenever I try to build an "upgraded" structure (upgraded by using a "Troll Berserker" upgrade), the building order just won't happen... it cancels itself or something

Status
Not open for further replies.