• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Game Cache Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hi there,

As may some of you know, I've started to remaster my half-baked mini-campaign a while ago, but as I was testing the transition between the maps, I noticed that the previously working triggers for transferring data to the subsequent maps don't work anymore (No matter what I did). Does anyone know anything about this issue? Could it be the changing of the patches? Because I remember that I updated my WC to 1.27 and then reverted it to 1.26a again. Another thing that I've done was that I saved one of the maps with New Gen World Editor (But for the sake of testing, I saved the other one with the New Gen Editor as well, but nothing happened).

I mention this again that the triggers themselves are untouched and they were previously working but now they aren't.

I'm really stuck. Any kind of help would be appreciated.

Level 9
Update:

As I was investigating more, I noticed some minor change. In the "Map Descriptions" window it says that one of the maps has been saved with editor version 6052 while the rest of them are saved with 6059. But I've saved all of them with one editor. I don't know how it has changed into 6052. I think the problem lies there. Anyone know how to change the editor version?

Saving with the normal editor or new gen editor results in 6052.

Even More Updates:

OK. I solved the problem. I just applied 1.27 patch and then 1.26 again to get the editor version to 6059, (Weird Solution) but that didn't seem the source of the issue. The thing I did I just deleted all the Game-Cache triggers and made exact the same triggers again and the issue resolved entirely (Even Weirder Solution!!)

Close this thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.