• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gamble Ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey guys, I kinda need help with this ability that i'm making called gamble. I already got the trigger ready but whenever i test it, my laptop lags and the game crashes. Here is the trigger:
upload_2020-8-18_11-15-36.png

upload_2020-8-18_11-16-1.png

What the skill is supposed to do is challenge an enemy hero to a battle. Upon casting 25% of your gold and your enemy's gold is taken to add up a reward (if you have 1000 it takes 250 and if your enemy has 1000 it takes 250 as well. 250 + 250 = 500 <---- Reward). The winner gets the reward of the collected gold (from you and the target) and gains 10 intelligence while the loser loses 10 intelligence.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
One thing you should be doing is checking the UNIT not UNIT-TYPE in your second trigger.

If Dying unit equal to Challenged then...

If Dying unit equal to Challenger then...

Also, put the bottom If Then Else (Challenger) in the Else - Actions of the first If Then Else (Challenged). This is more efficient if the dying unit is the Challenger. This is because it's always one or the other, so there's no need to check if it's the Challenged unit after we've already determined it's the Challenger.

Not sure about the crash but maybe the above fix will resolve it.

Last edited:
Level 14
Now the question is: is it balanced?
Is it in a tome heavy hero arena?
If not then there is the issue you gain a stacking advantage against your opponent in terms of raw stats.
Also did you make sure there was only one unit able to cast that skill in the map(the trigger is not going to work if there is multiple units able to cast the skill)?
What happens if you cast the skill, wait for the cool-down then cast the skill again on a new target?

Level 2
Now the question is: is it balanced?
Is it in a tome heavy hero arena?
If not then there is the issue you gain a stacking advantage against your opponent in terms of raw stats.
Also did you make sure there was only one unit able to cast that skill in the map(the trigger is not going to work if there is multiple units able to cast the skill)?
What happens if you cast the skill, wait for the cool-down then cast the skill again on a new target?
Yes, only one unit (the Gambler) can cast this ability and i kinda think that i need to nerf the ability a bit cuz it lasts forever unless the Gambler dies or the Target dies. But now that i look at it, everyone in the hero arena i made has unfair super skills sooooo yeah...

Status
Not open for further replies.