• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gaias Retaliation: Extension Package (v1.6)

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Yah. I saw that in the youtube intro (which was great, by the way. ~_~ ), and hence were surprised that i didnt have it on my side ...

Anyway, screenshot as mentioned -

Your prompt response has been sincerely appreciated. ~_~
The intro can only be played with 4 or less players in the session.
This is because I use a network system to sync the local file data and it gets too laggy with more than 4 players in the game.

So if you want to watch the intro, the best idea would be to just start a singleplayer game for this.

Level 2
The intro can only be played with 4 or less players in the session.
This is because I use a network system to sync the local file data and it gets too laggy with more than 4 players in the game.

So if you want to watch the intro, the best idea would be to just start a singleplayer game for this.

I ... ermm, only play singleplayer~! LOL~!

Nothing wrong with my settings in the screenshot, right?

In any case, the storyline (and gameplay) is more important to me than the graphics, so I am cool here.

Hey, thanks for replying. It sounds cliche, but it's sincerely appreciated. ~_~

Level 2
1. Did you restart the game after changing the local data?

2. Does the custom music play correctly?

1. Yah. (Your comments made me re-boot my PC too, a rarity these days. ~_~") Didnt work ...

2. Nope. Played all the music via media player in the extension folder to compare. The char models seem to be the WC3 ones too. Think the game didnt recognise the path, for weird reasons. (My screenshot earlier is correct, right?)

Given that I just downloaded your great game days ago, all the versions should be the most updated. Hence, at a loss (and I used to work in IT~! :D )

But hey, thanks again. I already love it without the patch.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
1. Yah. (Your comments made me re-boot my PC too, a rarity these days. ~_~") Didnt work ...

2. Nope. Played all the music via media player in the extension folder to compare. The char models seem to be the WC3 ones too. Think the game didnt recognise the path, for weird reasons. (My screenshot earlier is correct, right?)

Given that I just downloaded your great game days ago, all the versions should be the most updated. Hence, at a loss (and I used to work in IT~! :D )

But hey, thanks again. I already love it without the patch.
Hmm, your configuration and the filepath seems correct so far.
Tbh, at this point I have no idea what the problem is.

Maybe your WC3 version is outdated? Which version of Gaias did you try?

Level 8
Hm. Weird. Does your .html file save also not work? I don't see your folder for code saves there.
Also, is your war3 set to run as Administrator?

Level 2
Hmm, your configuration and the filepath seems correct so far.
Tbh, at this point I have no idea what the problem is.

Maybe your WC3 version is outdated? Which version of Gaias did you try?

WC3 is ver 1.26. I hope that is not the problem ...

Hm. Weird. Does your .html file save also not work? I don't see your folder for code saves there.
Also, is your war3 set to run as Administrator?

Admin rights ... That is interesting ... worth a try. Nope, not working ...

What ... .html file?

Win XP 64-bit is a weird OS, that i know. I need the 64-bit part for my 8G RAM, low-end machine though ... Sigh.

Again, sincerely, thanks for all the help. ~_~

Level 8
I'm pretty sure it's not the OS, 64bit XP doesn't really do anything weird. I have an old laptop that runs it and there's no issue with the gaias extension, tested it again just now. However, I would also recommend upgrading.

Cylian are you playing actual singleplayer? As in "Single Player" in the warcraft menu? I can't help but think that would cause issues. Try starting the map in Local Area Network, you can do this alone.

Edit: Nevermind. Intro works in single player. Time to upgrade yer windows Cylian ~_~

Last edited:
Level 2
Can anyone upload the zip file somewhere else? Even a Google Drive... I can't access the file from mediafire, every time it starts downloading it goes good for 15 minutes then network error, and I've downloaded plenty of other stuff today so it's either not on my end or its some issue specific with mediafire.

I really would love to have this.

Oh and when this happens gameranger crashes as well, but only if and when I try to download this, strangest thing in the world.

Level 1
Hi all.

I am also having the same problem as Cylian.

I am using Windows 7. I have the latest Gaias map and I just downloaded the extension pack. I am sure that I followed all of the instructions in downloading the extension pack. However, I can't see the cinematic and I can't see the option to see it after choosing a new hero. I play Gaias on Battle.net by myself. My version of WC3 ROC and TFT is the digital copy that I purchased from the Blizzard Online Store. It has the latest patch and I'm able to run Gaias smoothly.

I am not familiar with all of this coding and extracting of files, but I am very sure that I did this correct. I am able to play custom sounds and music within the files from the extension pack. I would appreciate any feedback or some type of advice in getting it to work. I love this game and it would be awesome to experience the new, great things the extension pack has to offer. :)

Here is a screenshot of the directory and regedit:

Thank you!

Attachments

• Gaias Error.png
    Gaias Error.png
    130.1 KB · Views: 338
Level 2
Hi all.

I am also having the same problem as Cylian.

I am using Windows 7. I have the latest Gaias map and I just downloaded the extension pack. I am sure that I followed all of the instructions in downloading the extension pack. However, I can't see the cinematic and I can't see the option to see it after choosing a new hero. I play Gaias on Battle.net by myself. My version of WC3 ROC and TFT is the digital copy that I purchased from the Blizzard Online Store. It has the latest patch and I'm able to run Gaias smoothly.

I am not familiar with all of this coding and extracting of files, but I am very sure that I did this correct. I am able to play custom sounds and music within the files from the extension pack. I would appreciate any feedback or some type of advice in getting it to work. I love this game and it would be awesome to experience the new, great things the extension pack has to offer. :)

Here is a screenshot of the directory and regedit:

Thank you!

you have 2 gaia folder move the extansion files to first one.

Level 1
I tested it on single player, local area network, and Battle.net and it didn't work. I usually play by myself so that shouldn't be the problem.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Any texture update with extension. There are files in download so i am curious.
This is planned for a future update to the extension package (along with new music, of course), although only available for the hero skins.

I've found a method to localize the hero textures without desyncs and still have the (double resolution) raw files of the hero skins that Daenar7 made for me. These can and will be included as soon as I have the time for a new extension package release.

Level 9
Sometimes when someone has extension ppl get stuck on load. Loading takes like several minutes and u can't move after that. Last time we had waited for 13 minutes and it hasn't became playable.
Anyway very good job, I love that custom music and dialogs.

Attachments

• LastReplay.w3g
    97.4 KB · Views: 125

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Sometimes when someone has extension ppl get stuck on load. Loading takes like several minutes and u can't move after that. Last time we had waited for 13 minutes and it hasn't became playable.
Anyway very good job, I love that custom music and dialogs.
This is due to synchronizing.
Will be gone in the next update, as I found a different solution to the problem, that doesn't require synchronizing.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Same shit happened but no one now had extension. Can it happen cuz of syncing even w/o plugin?
How many players were in the game? That's the only thing that matters. The syncing only happens up until 4 players, when the syncing time (at reasonable ping rates) will be rather shot. Beyond that, no syncing happens anymore.

Level 5
Every time tere is someone with expansion and we r playing on Gaiashostbot we get extreme delay for 15-20 mins n then I decide to leave cause it doesnt seems to fix itself...we r talking bout 1 movement command being done by the hero after 2-5 mins of waiting... waiting for load to complete after 5-10 mins.However such prob doesnt happen in MMH games

Level 9
Every time tere is someone with expansion and we r playing on Gaiashostbot we get extreme delay for 15-20 mins

Not true, by the way u played with me having extension and sometimes it was OK, we played with other guys extensions and it was also OK. And last time we got shit no one had extension. Well at least I didn't have and I don't think that guy having a graphics crash had.

Level 2
its great man.im playing gaias on w3,but with this extra content make me feel like im playing @ gaias game itself.
very great jobs. :D

btw,Is that possible to count in basic sound like weather sound,etc.
for example : near waterfall u will hear waterfall sound,@ rainy weather u will hear rain sound, etc?
it will be great if it can be fullfiled.

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
I thought of something similar the other day. Though I don't think this will happen in the near future as it requires some time and effort which is better used elsewhere, at least for the moment.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
I thought of something similar the other day. Though I don't think this will happen in the near future as it requires some time and effort which is better used elsewhere, at least for the moment.
This is actually already in the game, as this is a basic feature of WC3. If you zoom in on a waterfall, you might hear a faint sound of splashing water.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
guys any can upload to mega because mediafire is super slow for download and i dont want wait like 6 hours for 400mb xDD
The next iteration of the expansion pack will be a lot smaller since I will convert all .wav files to .mp3.
MEGA sucks on many browsers except chrome. But I can upload it there aswell if the demand is there.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Updated to 1.4:

- almost an hour of brand new music tracks!
- voice packs for upcoming 1.2C content
- all .wav files have been converted to mp3 to make the pack smaller

I recommend deleting all the old files inside your GaiasRetaliation folder first before copying the new files in, to avoid file duplicates (since some files have been renamed).