• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

GaDDen PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
he prolly did something like, make a unit that has the model of the grenade as projectile art, make the unit attack ground with no damage, then when he hits the ground, create a unit which has the grenade model, and after some waits kill all units in the area...

Level 5
The grenade is a healing ward with about 2.5 sec duration. When the healing ward is created, i hide the grenade, create a archer that fires a grenade projectile and then i wait the time it takes for projectile to hit gorund (distance/1000) and then show the grenade again. When the grenade dies, i create the effects and kill all nearby units and barrels. The flashbang works just the same, but instead of exploding i create a flashfilter for nearby players.

Level 5
you can make it so you place a ward that looks like a grenade, give a 2.5 second life, and give it the abilities AoE damage upon death (Big Mine), and locust. You can edit the AoE damage upon death thing to make it do more\less damage, have a larger radius, work on items trees and friends, etc. I tested it myself, it works almost perfectly. The one thing is if you want to show the projectile, then you need to make it complex.

Status
Not open for further replies.