• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Futurica •[AoS]• The New Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
You should tell us more...

If I could ask some questions:
how many heroes?
what terrain - interior/exterior/both?
Alien predators? So its based on AvP ?
since it's aos - how many lanes?
what creep waves?

1: In the beta map it will be 15 heroes (more added as the versions upgrades).
2: No it's not really based on AvP. You are not really humans, you are more like robots and space orcs vs aliens.
3: 3 lanes (5v5 playable).
4: Creepwaves are aliens (from the aliens team) and small robot machines from the soldiers.

Level 15
The Closed-Beta will be released in Mars (2010)
Erm... Will people from Earth be able to get the map? I doubt anyone will be able to get to Mars, or did I misunderstand?

Anyway, looks pretty cool, but I would love to see the "epic spells" and "beautiful terrain". Some screens would be awesome.

I'm not sure if this is the first AoS with a futuristic theme, but nevertheless, I wish you luck and would love to see how this turns out :D

What I would love to see is the hero being able to use powerful Lazerz and Missle Siloes, that allow ~1 shot and become useless for a while after that.
It's kinda like a building that a hero can stand behind, then they can use it to shoot people xD. Epic things that could happen-
Your chasing another hero, he's almost dead but he runs next to a Lazer and shoots you, your health gets ripped out of you, but you continue to chase, he casts a spell on you and gets a kill xD.
After usage, the weapon should probably be disabled for some time (recharge time).

Good luck!

PS: You can't really copyright the map :S It kinda belongs to Blizzard.

Level 9
kewl text but i want screens :p

Screenshots will soon be out.
At this moment I am working on the forums for the website and not so much on the map it self.
Reason: I need members on the forum to give tips and ideas while I will make the map.
So screenshots will be out in maybe 1-3 days.

Erm... Will people from Earth be able to get the map? I doubt anyone will be able to get to Mars, or did I misunderstand?

Anyway, looks pretty cool, but I would love to see the "epic spells" and "beautiful terrain". Some screens would be awesome.

I'm not sure if this is the first AoS with a futuristic theme, but nevertheless, I wish you luck and would love to see how this turns out :D

What I would love to see is the hero being able to use powerful Lazerz and Missle Siloes, that allow ~1 shot and become useless for a while after that.
It's kinda like a building that a hero can stand behind, then they can use it to shoot people xD. Epic things that could happen-
Your chasing another hero, he's almost dead but he runs next to a Lazer and shoots you, your health gets ripped out of you, but you continue to chase, he casts a spell on you and gets a kill xD.
After usage, the weapon should probably be disabled for some time (recharge time).

Good luck!

PS: You can't really copyright the map :S It kinda belongs to Blizzard.

Thanks man :thumbs_up:
As I said to Whisper, screenshots will be out in 1-3 days.
I have been working alot with the forums but will spend the next week on the map (24/7 almost lol...)

If you can give any type of support I would be glad to use it!

Level 9
Well, sounds interesting, but this is definately not the first AOS-map with a futuristic setting (take this one for example http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/space-orcs-v2-4-a-93241/?prev=search%3Dspace%2520orcs%2520aos%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20).
Nonetheless, I am looking forward to screenshots of your map.

Oh my bad :D
Haha thought it was ^^
Well here is a preview of how the lanes will be:
Lanes-1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.