• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Full Share allows training of unavailable units - how to stop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
My map has one barracks unit type that can train all units, but on MapInit all units are made unavailable for all players, and then, after 0.01s, a trigger goes through each player and makes training of certain units available.

The problem is that after certain events such as a player leaving, all other players on that player's team gain Fully Shared control over that player. When that happens, they can train every single unit the barracks can train, even if it is unavailable to both them and the leaving player.

Q1: How can it be prevented that giving Fully Shared control allows the training of all unavailable units, and only allows training of units that would be available to the player giving Fully Shared control? Without making more barracks unit types, that is.

Level 13
Hello,

I replicated your conditions on a simple test map doing this:

[Trigger=]
Melee Initialization
Events
Time - Elapsed game time is 5.00 seconds
Conditions
Actions
Player - Make Footman Unavailable for training/construction by Player 2 (Blue)
Player - Make Player 2 (Blue) treat Player 1 (Red) as an Ally with shared vision and full shared units
[/Trigger]

And it works as it should: Player 1 can train Footmen whilst Player 2 cannot. I suspect your problem is caused by something else.

Level 5
Hello,

I replicated your conditions on a simple test map doing this:

[Trigger=]
Melee Initialization
Events
Conditions
Actions
Player - Make Player 2 (Blue) treat Player 1 (Red) as an Ally with shared vision and full shared units
[/Trigger]

And it works as it should: Player 1 can train Footmen whilst Player 2 cannot. I suspect your problem is caused by something else.

The problem is a different one. Try this:

[Trigger=]
Melee Initialization
Events
Conditions
Actions
Player - Make Footman Unavailable for training/construction by Player 1 (Red)
[/Trigger]

Now, check whether Player 1 can build Footmen using Player 2's barracks. He shouldn't, but he can.

Status
Not open for further replies.