1. Are you planning to upload your awesome tool to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    July 9, 2018: The rules for the Tool Section have been revised. Please be sure to read the revisions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 have revealed interesting works. The RESULTS for Abelhawk's Mini-Mapping Contest #15 have come out!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Night Rider gained several songs for his journey. The poll for the 12th Music Contest has started. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  11. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

FrozenFire's Addon Race

Submitted by buns_and_nuts
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Version 1.1 is out. Now with AI and a bunch of bugFix.

This is a race add-on pack made by me. Currently it has only the Naga race which is fully completed with new heroes, units, spells. I plan to have future versions complete with 3 extra races and additional units/skills/upgrades/heroes to the 4 vanilla races of Warcraft.

Races are designed to be as balanced as possible according to the original 4 Warcraft 3 races. The design style ( e.g , Light melee, Mill Unit, 2 Casters, 1 antimagicunit.. etc etc ) are also followed closely retain the original play style of Warcraft3. Abilities are made with as little repeat as possible, the current version have almost no repeat of ability on the new races.

Balancing is still at early stages and I do hope to get more feedback to get it to be more balanced. Development is still ongoing on this project, I do hope I could get extra hands if anyone would like to help out. Thanks

Msg to moderator : One full race is completed and playable. I hope this is not considered work-in-progress.

INSTRUCTIONS:
( this race pack requires Patch 1.24 or above. )
Extract the EXE file and put it at the Warcraft 3 root folder.

To Play as Naga race. select Night Elf race and set handicap to 90%

Keywords:
race, addon, naga, spell, new mod,
Contents

FrozenFire's Addon Race (Binary)

Reviews
12:35, 24th Aug 2010 TriggerHappy: Appears to work.
  1. buns_and_nuts

buns_and_nuts

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    nope. It said I don't have the map, eventhough I obviously do.
    It said maps/(4)DuskWood not found.

Can someone send me replay for other maps or something like that? I wanna make sure it had nothing to do with the addon. My own replay did work though.

2. buns_and_nuts

buns_and_nuts

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    1) Use created map will work provided it is a 'melee' map. Pre-placed unit is not supported yet however. I could provide a world edit linked exe, but I don't know how the results will be. Afterall the units aren't categorized as 'neat' as I intended and units will be in big mess.

2) I do not understand your race selection question. Currently Naga is selected by setting race to Night Elf and 90% Handicap.

3) Coral gateway is a custom unit. credits are in readme file. Check out the original creator.

3. Anachron

Anachron

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Maybe maps/(4)DuskWood is in another folder or so?

4. Jack Hoffman

Jack Hoffman

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hm.. doesn't seem to work.
    says that Patch is Unsuccesful.. and i have newest patch, i played on B.net a few hours ago.
    i have Windows 7.. is that the problem?

edit: found out what to do, just run the program as Administrator, and it will work perfectly.
    i love the race, good work man! keep the races coming :)

Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
  5. buns_and_nuts

buns_and_nuts

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    i put duskwood in all the subfolders in maps... i even created maps/maps..

this is totaly weird

6. Anachron

Anachron

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Maybe it's because you have wc3 in another install path. My path is
    "E:\Portable Programs\Warcraft III\Maps\(4)Duskwood.w3m"

7. NBalfa

NBalfa

Resources:
    Resources:
    about the race selection .... it will be like having 2 programs 1st will be like a window with spaces to fill like ....

Naga Race Race: Handicap: %

then this will be saved and when you will open the second program you will have to select your custom stuff to use Naga

(Fix that:) I think that handicap and race selection doesn't affect it ...I mean that I have tested a custom map and set race to anything and handicap to 100 and ended up having naga race work

finally the unit with the incursor model you use needs to have a tooltip

(I found the model thanks)

Edit: I also think that the faceless one belongs to Naga because his one hand is like an "octupus" hand

8. buns_and_nuts

buns_and_nuts

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    what program?? I'm lost....

btw.. I can assure you faceless one does NOT belong to Naga. They're the minions of Yogg Saron if I remember correctly. Not every ocean dwelling creatures are from Naga. Even Makrura ( the crab thingy )_ isn't.

9. NBalfa

NBalfa

Resources:
    Resources:
    ( you don't have to make the race as blizzard's story you have added much stuff that I think blizzard doesn't mention anything about it also you can create your own story about the faceless one you can even say that: when naga tryied to obdain the power of the eye of sageras they also got a power to control other creatures such as the faceless one ... and contineu the story

I didn't mean that the faceless one belongs to naga I mean that he should belong to them it may seem a little crazy to you but if you think it again with the right color he looks like a naga creature , just watch every detail of faceless one in object editor and think if you whould like him to be a naga creature

_______...
    also i mean that you have 1 program and 3 notepad files.
    Program: RaceAddonV1.1.exe
    files: CreditList.txt , Instruction.txt , V1.1 changes.txt

now you can create a 2nd program which will have some defealt stuff and if you open it, it will look sth like this:

(file name)
    (information about this file ,if you want to have some)

(races:)

(Race 1 ex homan) (will be like a custom race of yours you can select which race will be at a selectable handicap)

(Race 2 ex night elfs)

and you can save this so that your changes will remain when you will restart your pc!

this program will connect somehow with RaceAddonV1.1.exe so
    that when you will open the program RaceAddonV1.1.exe to play as naga you have to select your default race and handicap.

hope you could understand now ^^:vw_unimpressed:

Edit: you can some more ubgrades for naga and nightelf towers and also thunderbolts don't fit in tidal guardians as a missle

10. daverave1212

daverave1212

Resources:
    Tools:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    because you need to have the latest patch

11. Warcraft_Tester

Warcraft_Tester

Resources:
    Resources:
    Dude I have to break it to you but it keeps saying that its unable to patch and two my virus scanner keeps thinking its a virus.

12. buns_and_nuts

buns_and_nuts

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    are you sure you have patch 1.24?
    I'm not sure if it's you're antivirus stopped you from running this. But it works fine for most ppl.

13. xorkatoss

xorkatoss

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    what's a Warcraft 3 root folder? o_O
    maybe give us the path?
    that would help a lot since i would like to try this addon...

EDIT:
    i found out how to install it!! (actually i read the instructions xD)
    awesome addon man!! 5/5 +rep can't wait for more races from you!!

14. alienz2

alienz2

Resources:
    Resources:
    its doesn't work on window 7 ..... my patch 1.24e~

15. Warcraft_Tester

Warcraft_Tester

Resources:
    Resources:
    I can change the icon for you to any icon if you want...

16. buns_and_nuts

buns_and_nuts

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm using Windows 7 and it works well.

17. rugal

rugal

Resources:
    Resources:
    Really love it !

some troubles for sure, some icons too, and i wanted to have se seadrake, but it's playable like that.

and, ho, a new tavern hero to replace the naga would be good to

for last, a special selection button would be better than elves with 90% hp

if i can be of some help

want to see more !

18. buns_and_nuts

buns_and_nuts

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Race selection button is completely not possible without hacking the exe. Warcraft III's exe hardcode the race selection to be only 4.

I actually have the other race about a quarter way done. But I"m too busy to finish it. if you'd love to help , drop me an e-mail in jeremy.choo -a@t- ammoboxstudios.com or add me in msn chiean2000 -a@t- yahoo.com

19. rugal

rugal

Resources:
    Resources:
    Some models and icons aren't on this site.

Why?

Can we have them?

(exemple : BTNmurgulpool, HQ and upgrades, BTN too)

20. 88WaRCraFT3

88WaRCraFT3

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    epic,i'm not fan of melee maps but this tool rocks, can you add draeneis? ogres, or that kind of races?